Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brownells' new "Super Duty" AR-15

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    The main problem with Retros that I can see is that they require specialized tools (like the A1 sight wrench that's avoiding me like it owes me money, or the round-peg wrenches for CAR lockrings before they moved to the M4 castle nut) and hard-to-find spare parts.
    You could go by the FM (very retro!) and use a loaded cartridge.

or be totally authentic and use a rusty nail pried from the target shed

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I agree. I was just surprised how much retro theme was going around seemingly everywhere. I don't have anything against it, just don't particularly understand the appeal of retro, fake battleworn, or "let me spend 500 hours on the internet and clone a black hawk down rifle for $3,000 in my mom's basement".
    Because not everyone thinks like you. Some people collect cars, knives, watches and retro style guns. Be a little more open minded and realize people like some things that you may not. For example, I collect Scotty Cameron putters, Colt 1911’s and Colt AR’s. Many people probably find some of these a little different but I doubt they are wondering why I don’t see it their way.

A Colt 6920-EPR or 6960 would be much cheaper way to go. Not saying the colt is better but it’s not 1000$ lower. The Brownells looks like a solid rifle. Pricey but pretty darn solid.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    So basically a Geissele made "Brownells" Super Duty rifle.

Kind of like the Brownells "Geissele" Triggers.

Much drama all about nuffin.

Actually, its listed only as Geissele on their website, meaning its even more 'nuffin.

But it would pair nicely with my King Ranch F250!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Seems like the Retro craze took a steep dive in 2020.
    I know it did with me, I went on a Retro spree for a while but as shit began to unravel in 2020 I noticed myself pivoting my focus back to more “practically” configured ARs.
    When the Shit Hits the Fan....people want real sight systems, light mounts and lasers and the Ken and Barbie collecting shit goes out the window.

Feedback Score
    Oh, I'm sure there are more than a few A1/A2 dinosaurs out there that might be usable in a crisis. Maybe even with a old fixed carry handle scope

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    When the Shit Hits the Fan....people want real sight systems, light mounts and lasers and the Ken and Barbie collecting shit goes out the window.
    Huh??? People want real sighting systems??? you got a mouse in your pocket? I don’t know anyone who would rather run irons. Red dots and lasers are not going anywhere. There is a reason they are here now. They blow irons away. Weapons evolving is what people need. You obviously don’t believe in that. Irons are great as a back up but technology will make weapons more effective. A Modern M4 with a red dot blows away an ar with just irons.
    Last edited by indianalex01; 10-01-21 at 13:40.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Huh??? People want real sighting systems??? you got a mouse in your pocket? I don’t know anyone who would rather run irons. Red dots and lasers are not going anywhere. There is a reason they are here now. They blow irons away. Weapons evolving is what people need. You obviously don’t believe in that. Irons are great as a back up but technology will make weapons more effective. A Modern M4 with a red dot blows away an ar with just irons.
    Yea, that's exactly my point. People want red dots, magnified optics etc...All of the bullshit about "correct this and correct that" goes out the window when it comes to shooting people- people want the most effective tool they can find- and it's not a debate about which is more effective, not some sentimental talisman......To quote Han Solo- "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Yea, that's exactly my point. People want red dots, magnified optics etc...All of the bullshit about "correct this and correct that" goes out the window when it comes to shooting people- people want the most effective tool they can find- and it's not a debate about which is more effective, not some sentimental talisman......To quote Han Solo- "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
    Ok I agree with you on that. Your 1st message came across like you didn’t like any of that and just irons.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Oh, I'm sure there are more than a few A1/A2 dinosaurs out there that might be usable in a crisis. Maybe even with a old fixed carry handle scope
    Usable? Certainly.

Hell the Rwandans killed several hundred thousand with Machetes! Between 1992 and 1994 the Government of Rwanda imported 581 tons of Machetes! I'll see your Retro A1 Ar15 and raise you a MK1 Panga! The MK 1 has killed a HELL OF ALOT MORE FOLKS!!!!!

That's not the point.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234