Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: COVID Vaccine Myths, Questions, Covered

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Aren't all these threads about the vaccine pretty much beating a dead horse? People who want the vaccine will get it, those who don't want it won't, and no amount of propaganda from either side will change anyone's mind.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    I know for a fact that vaccine adverse reactions are under reported. But I also know side effects are being reported as adverse reactions. It’s a cluster.
    It is indeed a cluster. I'm just as willing to believe side effects are being over reported as anyone can claim anything in VAERS system, and they do. I also have experienced there as the FDA has a line people can report side effects from nutritional supplements, and the system is of no value in terms of objective quantified effects, and people claim things that are impossible. Open reporting systems like VAERS are of value in terms of identifying possible trends that may help see problems earlier than later, but people using them as objective support for anything, don't science.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    The obesity thing, man that leaves me just shaking my head.

How are people getting rewarded for getting the covid vax? Free food. Locally, a popular donut chain is offering free donuts for people who can prove vaccination.

This country has always ignored the consequences of obesity.
    Taking any personal responsibility for any outcomes today does not seem to exist and I have no doubts calculations of death tolls based on the fact people in the US are so unhealthy were figured in to the responses, and no one from the gubment will say "well, we would not have had to go full 'tard on it if you fat fu%#s would stop eating so much fast foods and hit the gym once in a while."
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It is indeed a cluster. I'm just as willing to believe side effects are being over reported as anyone can claim anything in VAERS system, and they do. I also have experienced there as the FDA has a line people can report side effects from nutritional supplements, and the system is of no value in terms of objective quantified effects, and people claim things that are impossible. Open reporting systems like VAERS are of value in terms of identifying possible trends that may help see problems earlier than later, but people using them as objective support for anything, don't science.

Taking any personal responsibility for any outcomes today does not seem to exist and I have no doubts calculations of death tolls based on the fact people in the US are so unhealthy were figured in to the responses, and no one from the gubment will say "well, we would not have had to go full 'tard on it if you fat fu%#s would stop eating so much fast foods and hit the gym once in a while."
    Except the obese nurse isn't about forcing any one to do anything one way or the other. I have seen those who are obese or have other conditions believed to exacerbate the effects of covid wanting forced vaccines, lockdowns, and anything else under the guise of saving their self at someone else's expense. In fact, she is putting her career(at least) on the line to dissent.

Pardon my confusion if I misunderstood, but since she isn't arguing to force people to change their lives to lesson chances of death due to a high BMI then what was the point of bringing it up? Does her weight discredit her concerns?

I have a high BMI due to exercise and from what I have seen of your level of muscularity I assume yours is even higher. Strictly according to the science, you(my assumption) and I are obese so that seems an odd angle for a fellow traveler to take.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 09-23-21 at 11:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    The obesity thing, man that leaves me just shaking my head.

How are people getting rewarded for getting the covid vax? Free food. Locally, a popular donut chain is offering free donuts for people who can prove vaccination.

This country has always ignored the consequences of obesity.
    That's fat shaming and bullying. A big no no!!! You're great and beautiful the way you are.... period!

God forbid adults are talked to like....well...like adults

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Precisely. It’s under reported and over reported at the same time. Everybody had access to do so, and there is a real hesitance of providers to do so when something is real and documented. Meanwhile, there isn’t any way to even verify that the people reporting were recipients of the vaccines. I’ve even heard that people were encouraged to make fake reports on “anti-vax” social media groups.

When somebody talks about VAERS reporting as a legitimate source, write them off completely. It isn’t worth your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got info (2nd hand btw) that at a hospital that a nurse works at, people who are vaxxed and have COVID are not entered into the system (forgot what acronym was used). While non vaxxed are. If this is true. WTF man.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Except the obese nurse isn't about forcing any one to do anything one way or the other. I have seen those who are obese or have other conditions believed to exacerbate the effects of covid wanting forced vaccines, lockdowns, and anything else under the guise of saving their self at someone else's expense. In fact, she is putting her career(at least) on the line to dissent.

Pardon my confusion if I misunderstood, but since she isn't arguing to force people to change their lives to lesson chances of death due to a high BMI then what was the point of bringing it up? Does her weight discredit her concerns?

I have a high BMI due to exercise and from what I have seen of your level of muscularity I assume yours is even higher. Strictly according to the science, you(my assumption) and I are obese so that seems an odd angle for a fellow traveler to take.
    I never used the term BMI, but obese. By BMI standards, I'm at 29-30, so obese by BMI standards, but I didn't use it. BMI is useful for population wide data, it's of minimal/no value that small % of people who carry more FFM than the average person, which is why I don't tend to apply BMI to individuals. For that, BF% is what should be used, and hers is high, I'd guess 25-30% and I'm a good guesser on that having done BF% testing for hundreds of people over the decades. BMI + waist/chest ratio is pretty accurate metric that does a decent job of accounting for people with high BMI that don't have a high BF% and growing in usage.

I mentioned that because if and when she gets covid, and it's a matter when, not if with delta, she may be in deep chit and should understand risk/benefit, but clearly does not. I'm not going down the path to debate that aspect, I mentioned on the OP, that would have been a better fit in the other threads in my view.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Precisely. It’s under reported and over reported at the same time. Everybody had access to do so, and there is a real hesitance of providers to do so when something is real and documented. Meanwhile, there isn’t any way to even verify that the people reporting were recipients of the vaccines. I’ve even heard that people were encouraged to make fake reports on “anti-vax” social media groups.

When somebody talks about VAERS reporting as a legitimate source, write them off completely. It isn’t worth your time.
    I think that's a given. VAERS is like case studies, has a value if you understand the limitations, way too easy to distort and freak people out if you don't. and or, have an agenda.

My hypothesis is this: those who do have legit issues with the vaccines are likley those who would have serious issues with being exposed to covid. It makes no sense to me someone would have say a blood clot from the vaccine, and a mild experience from covid. Far as I know, and I'm not an immunologist, the mechanism of what causes damage are essentially the same, but more data is needed.

If the underlying mechanisms are the same, than it leads to some additional conclusions and possible approaches to mitigate both, but still favors being vaccinated from a risk/benefit POV I feel.

Currently, I'm trying to find data looking at the effects of the vaccines on what appears the primary driver of damage caused by covid to see if my hypothesis holds water.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-23-21 at 15:25.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Part of the problem is that both sides have manipulated the data for their own gain....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast