Thread: Zero/Flight Ballistics of 10.3” .300 Blackout

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Zero/Flight Ballistics of 10.3” .300 Blackout

Hi everyone, I’m thinking my next AR build is going to be a 10.3” .300 Blackout. I’m thinking of going with the 10.3” Hanson profile from Ballistic Advantage. I love the fact that even out of a 10.3” barrel I would be getting amazing terminal ballistics down range compared to shorty 5.56 uppers. My question is this (and I’m sorry if it’s been beaten to death already)…. What would be the most effective zero distance for common SUPER sonic defensive ammunition grain weights out there? Like for example we all know that a 50 yard zero on a 16 inch 5.56 is pretty much point and shoot from 50-225 yards… what would be your effective “point and shoot” combat effective range without having to worry too much about holdovers with a 10.3 blackout shooting supers? I know it won’t be as flat as 5.56 I just wanna know how it will fly. I’m basically thinking of it as a .30 caliber shorty that carries more downrange energy I just wanna know the flight ballistics on such a setup. If anyone has any info/charts on this data that would be awesome! Thank you guys I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a1madrid; 09-19-21 at 01:44.