Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Toyota Tundra

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

2022 Toyota Tundra

Toyota unveiled the new Tundra last night. Completely new truck and it looks like it's going to be a good one.

Base engine is a 3.5 twin turbo V6 making 389hp and 479tq. Also available is a hybrid version of the same motor making 437hp and 583tq. Aisin 10 speed transmission. Composite bed like the Tacoma. Coil spring rear suspension. Adaptive shocks. Air leveling suspension available. Completely new interior with an optional 14 inch screen, 8 inch screen standard.

The styling is definitely a problem for some people. Im not a huge fan of the grill design, but then again I wasnt a big fan of the grill on my 2013 Tundra either. I think the Pro grill makes it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMYMZrKdCjw&t=139s
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Queue the Twin Turbo hate from all of the V8 huggers who've bagged on Ford for the last 10 years. Good to see Toyota is finally catching up.

ETA: Oh GAWD! I just clicked on the link, that is ONE FUGLY pickup. Buy some TOY puts today.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 09-20-21 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That front end is a deal killer !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Queue the Twin Turbo hate from all of the V8 huggers who've bagged on Ford for the last 10 years. Good to see Toyota is finally catching up.
    Yup. I have a 5.7L Toyota V8 and I see no problem with turbos. If Ford can make the Eco boost semi reliable, Toyota's will be rock solid. They have have been making reliable turbos for awhile now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    That front end is a deal killer !
    I think it looks good. The TRD Pro more than the others. The Platinum is a bit gaudy though.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 09-20-21 at 12:45.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Man vehicles are getting hi tech...I have a 20 tundra so it's gonna be a while before I have to consider what flavor is next. It will be interesting to see if the new drive train will have the longevity of the 5.7 as many toyota buyers stay in their trucks for the long haul. I know most Ford mechanics still recommend the 5.0 if you plan to drive the wheels off it. I put 100k miles on a company 5.0 18 F150 in 14 months without any issues.

Dad has had both the big eco-boost & 5.0 and prefers the V8...I too prefer low end torque / power curve of a V8 vs the sports car higher rpm rubber to road delivery. I'm guessing at some point with all big bro mandates all full sizes will be going to high output 6 / hybrids for their base engines. I still wanna drive that hellcat dodge ram.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    I can’t say I wouldn’t have a 20 over this. The 5.7 is going to beat any twin turbo as far as longevity and cost of ownership.

Myself, I bought a 20 Tacoma. I half expect the next Gen would be a turbo I-4. I am not a big fan of being overly reliant on tech because 9 times out of 10 it’s the tech that fails. I was talking to a dude who’s infotainment/computer system went out just outside warranty. It was $7800 installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post

ETA: Oh GAWD! I just clicked on the link, that is ONE FUGLY pickup. Buy some TOY puts today.
    I really want to see some fuel economy numbers to go with these specs. They have to be better just based on the engine type and improved transmission. My 5.7 is great but fookin thirsty!
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Built from the ground up turbo motors can be pretty reliable. I know guys with Subarus and Evos that have 150k+ miles on motors making sometimes double the factory output. Lexus has been running a version of this motor for a while now so it's not really that new.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Built from the ground up turbo motors can be pretty reliable. I know guys with Subarus and Evos that have 150k+ miles on motors making sometimes double the factory output. Lexus has been running a version of this motor for a while now so it's not really that new.
    The most Toyota thing ever. Just keep going with what works.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I really want to see some fuel economy numbers to go with these specs. They have to be better just based on the engine type and improved transmission. My 5.7 is great but fookin thirsty!
    My Raptor can get 18+ on the highway, running at 5-10 over, usually, as long as I stay out of the boost and remain on adaptive cruise.

Around town depending on the mix it varies between 14 - 17.....because the boost is so much fun.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 09-20-21 at 13:25.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast