Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Toyota Tundra

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I like how Ford and Toyota are doing the hybrids in trucks. They add power and mog instead of just jacking up the fuel economy astronomically.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome! Hopefully people trade in their old crap Tundras for this. Really hoping the mid 00s start getting unloaded! Hopefully all those terrible 4.7 and ones

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not excited about the turbo. We have replaced soooooo many ecoboost turbos under 120k its not even funny. Being a Toyota, I would trust it more than a ford.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    They had to do something to increase towing and payload. You can't even rent basic uhauls with the current tundras.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Not excited about the turbo. We have replaced soooooo many ecoboost turbos under 120k its not even funny. Being a Toyota, I would trust it more than a ford.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Interesting. I recently got a new Ram Rebel with the 5.7L V8 Hemi replacing a perfectly good 2012 F150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost. The one thing I miss is the EB. I loved that engine and never had one issue.

What mileage are are seeing the failures? I only had 75K on mine.

As far as the Toyota, good trucks and I’m sure this one will be nice but it still looks like a Tundra…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I really want to see some fuel economy numbers to go with these specs. They have to be better just based on the engine type and improved transmission. My 5.7 is great but fookin thirsty!
    Yeah, seeing more specs would be nice. Although a couple guys I look to for info that are pretty reliable and were pretty damn close on guessing the HP numbers say they are expecting mid 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Dad has had both the big eco-boost & 5.0 and prefers the V8...I too prefer low end torque / power curve of a V8 vs the sports car higher rpm rubber to road delivery. I'm guessing at some point with all big bro mandates all full sizes will be going to high output 6 / hybrids for their base engines. I still wanna drive that hellcat dodge ram.
    The new TRD Pro and all who option for the iForce Max powertrain will have a crapload of torque on the low end due to the hybrid config.

The new Landcruiser with the same V-6 twin turbo config against 2 older Landcruisers with the 5.7 V8's absolutely destroys the V8's. Can you imagine what the hybrid version would do?
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 09-20-21 at 14:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it's anything like the Ecoboost motors it will make peak torque around 2000 rpm and hold that torque until around 5000 rpm
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Yeah, seeing more specs would be nice. Although a couple guys I look to for info that are pretty reliable and were pretty damn close on guessing the HP numbers say they are expecting mid 20's.

The new TRD Pro and all who option for the iForce Max powertrain will have a crapload of torque on the low end due to the hybrid config.

The new Landcruiser with the same V-6 twin turbo config against 2 older Landcruisers with the 5.7 V8's absolutely destroys the V8's. Can you imagine what the hybrid version would do?
    Electric is gonna change the game across the spectrum...I had a Camaro ZL1 & even with the little Eaton SC on the LT4, the low end grunt was insane. It would be foolish to do any sort of spirited driving in town with the nannies turned off & no respect for the power. I guess I'm gonna fight it being old school but there is something sexy about the rumble & drive of American rear wheel drive big V8. There is no magic when an electric blasts off with it's whine, but these new AWD E-cars with instant and immediate torque biting on all 4 corners are gonna change the acceleration game & likely get a bunch of immature / youngsters killed. 4 wheels with all that torque will be easy 3sec & under 0-60 even without performance tires.

I think one of the neater vehicles out there is the AWD in either the Durango / Grand Cherokee with the hellcat power plant...they will getty-up & the 5,000 behemoth will embarrass most sport cars off the line.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nothing really exciting.

Even if the electric had a generator like Ford, it would merely be catch-up, not pass by. Add in gas kicks in at 18+, motor is now just excess weight.

So still way behind in a lot of areas.

Now if it gets, 20 MPG, that will be exciting. Not expecting it though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    New Landcruiser with the same V-6 twin turbo config against 2 older Landcruisers with the 5.7 V8's absolutely destroys the V8's. Can you imagine what the hybrid version would do?
    LOL.

The vehicle with A/T's beat the other two that had street tires and massive wheelspin. What a surprise. It got a decent launch, but was unable to pull away after about 50kmh. If that is the best they can against 15 year old v8 design.....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast