Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Toyota Tundra

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arptsprt View Post
    Interesting. I recently got a new Ram Rebel with the 5.7L V8 Hemi replacing a perfectly good 2012 F150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost. The one thing I miss is the EB. I loved that engine and never had one issue.

What mileage are are seeing the failures? I only had 75K on mine.

As far as the Toyota, good trucks and I’m sure this one will be nice but it still looks like a Tundra…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We saw them come apart as low as 75k. Most failed right at 100k. A few at 120k.
    I think it's a maintenance thing. If you run full synthetic and change it at 5-7500k you likely won't see an issue. Run long oil change intervals a let the oil run low and you're asking for trouble. A huge number of our customers just refuse to listen. We make a lot of money on ignorance and stupidity unfortunately.
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by czgunner; 09-20-21 at 17:12.

Feedback Score
    I was wanting it to look better but they lost me on the front end. But I will say the market is strong for Toyota, I just sold my 20 Tacoma TRD Pro to a dealership for 45k with 31k miles. Sticker was 47k 2 years ago. I'm hoping to buy a full size as soon as lots get over crowded. Luckily I had an extra car and I don't need to buy right now.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have zero interest in anything but a naturally aspirated V8 in a full size pickup truck.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    KISS principle with pick ups works for me....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    LOL.

The vehicle with A/T's beat the other two that had street tires and massive wheelspin. What a surprise. It got a decent launch, but was unable to pull away after about 50kmh. If that is the best they can against 15 year old v8 design.....
    The one with that AT's was the V8...lol.

The center one was the 300 and was factory stock. It wasn't even the GR off road oriented model.

I will bet that once the 300 series pulled the gap, they all stopped accelerating. Turbos tend to get better at the high end.

Here is another at the drag strip. The V8 got walked.

Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 09-20-21 at 21:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't get me wrong man. I own a '14 LX570 with the 5.7 V8, and love it, but I also know when I'm beat. The only alternative is to get a Harrop SC. Here is the Stage I version on a '15 LX570 6000lb beast. Love the SC whine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If your goal is to race trucks and SUVs I guess it's cool but not something I ever thought of when buying a truck or SUV.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Nothing really exciting.

Even if the electric had a generator like Ford, it would merely be catch-up, not pass by. Add in gas kicks in at 18+, motor is now just excess weight.

So still way behind in a lot of areas.

Now if it gets, 20 MPG, that will be exciting. Not expecting it though.
    The electric motor doesn’t shut off at 18 MPH, so it is by no means just excess weight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I have zero interest in anything but a naturally aspirated V8 in a full size pickup truck.
    going to elevation I would like turbo more but its personal nothing wrong with liking natural to

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    If your goal is to race trucks and SUVs I guess it's cool but not something I ever thought of when buying a truck or SUV.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    It's really about torque with 4wd's....which turbos and superchargers do very well.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast