Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Toyota Tundra

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We have a Toyota engineer on the Tundra project here in my local Tundra club. He has a badass 3rd gen with lots of work done to it. We've been harassing him about the new truck for over a year. From what Ive gathered the mpg is going to be very comparable to the F150 counterparts. The F150 3.5TT is rated at 17 city and 23 highway. The F150 3.5TT hybrid is rated at 24 city and 24 highway.

I can tell you that my brother in laws F150 3.5 Ecoboost out tows my Tundra easily and his city mpg average (19) is better than my highway mpg average (16-17).
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Yeah from what I understand from the Toyota TNGA-F architecture the Tundra and Land Cruiser now share essentially the same frame design, axles, transmission etc. I wish they would offer the LC center differential/transfer case on the Tundra but I’m sure cost and fuel economy ruled it out at corporate level.
    I am think that the Tundra is doing limited slip differentials but implement craw control and MTS, not sure of the LC's current set up but they do have KDSS in addition to any LC specific items. Looks like the TRD pro is coming in right around the 50-55k range. I am good with that. At that price point, 10k will get pretty damn close to, if not exceed, the capabilities of the LC. and still come in almost 40k what US LC's sold for. I imagine the LX should be pushing $110k and compete with Escalades and other stuff like that. Just not sure i am willing to pay that premium for different seat covers, a larger grill and a 14 inch tablet mounted vertically insted of horizontally for the LX considering they are selling base LC in the UAE for 62k, Right in line with the Tundra pricing.

I am a big Toyota fan, but some of the shit they do makes no sense.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    I am think that the Tundra is doing limited slip differentials but implement craw control and MTS, not sure of the LC's current set up but they do have KDSS in addition to any LC specific items. Looks like the TRD pro is coming in right around the 50-55k range. I am good with that. At that price point, 10k will get pretty damn close to, if not exceed, the capabilities of the LC. and still come in almost 40k what US LC's sold for. I imagine the LX should be pushing $110k and compete with Escalades and other stuff like that. Just not sure i am willing to pay that premium for different seat covers, a larger grill and a 14 inch tablet mounted vertically insted of horizontally for the LX considering they are selling base LC in the UAE for 62k, Right in line with the Tundra pricing.

I am a big Toyota fan, but some of the shit they do makes no sense.
    The Tundra is confirmed coming with a rear e-locker.

Yea. Sometimes it makes no sense, but it all has to do with numbers and we are not privy to all of them nor how everything is figured into things. Being that Toyota is as successful as they are, we can't really legitimately question why they do things the way they do although we wish they did do things differently sometimes.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 09-22-21 at 08:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Journalists got to drop their first drive videos today.

Regular 3.5TT motor gets 18 mpg city, 23 mpg highway, and 20 combined. Subtract 1 mpg for 4x4 vehicles.

The hybrid EPA numbers havent been released yet but some of the reporters are saying they were getting 23 mpg combined and 24 mpg highway, which puts it very close or equal to the F150 hybrid.

I have a few years to go since we just bought the wife a new car (2022 Hyundai Pallisade) but this truck is looking like the top contender right now.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I’ll drive my current 2007 Tundra for at least one more year and then decide if I want a new Tundra TRD Pro.

Feedback Score
    I guess that aerodynamics don’t matter anymore?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Nor styling that only a Pug owner could love! ("Don't you buy no ugly truck!")

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Just get a Tacoma

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    According to the chief engineer the new truck is 20% more slippery in the wind tunnel than the old one. Lot’s of aero trickery going on there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    According to the chief engineer the new truck is 20% more slippery in the wind tunnel than the old one. Lot’s of aero trickery going on there.
    Well, he did say "guess".

Not that I can afford a new one, but did you see the LX600 release yesterday? Didn't change too much. A little more angular and clean. Also, pretty much same grill. weird they didn't change it up more. The 4-seater Ultra Luxury Edition with the recliner/massaging Captain's chairs in the back with a foot rest in the rear of the front seat was cool though. Talk about being able to kick back and relax.

They should have released an all out 4 wheel version like the GR LC though. Maybe that will come later.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast