Thread: Inconel springs

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Inconel springs

I’ve seen a couple of places offer inconel springs for the ar platform. Is there any actual benefit to using inconel over stainless steel springs? Or is it just a marketing ploy to attract people that have to have everything “enhanced” or struggle to say no to exotic alloys(me)?

I understand alloys all have different properties and pros/cons to different applications. Just hoping to get solid info for those of us lacking in metallurgical understanding.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Markering ploy, unless you shoot until your pistol is red hot , and then I could see where inconel springs would be an asset unless they
    fatigued which is a possibility.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve found the inconel springs to be very resistant to corrosion. And at least one company selling them to be willfully impossible to get their ****ing orders straight, with difficulty or failure correcting them. They also have reduced strength in comparison to music wire or CS springs.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No reason to deviate from TDP SS springs in my experience.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Are the inconel springs as good as chrome silicone springs?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Inconel was designed to withstand harsh environments of corrosion, pressure, and heat. For instance high boost turbo cars use Inconel exhaust valves due to the extreme heat buildup.

At what point would a spring in an AR be exposed to extreme heat and pressure? or corrosion?

Seems like Inconel springs in an AR gives zero benefit over TDP prescribed SS springs.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.