Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CO2 and pistols and the environement

Feedback Score

CO2 and pistols and the environement

Recently I have been thinking about CO2. Are the twelve gram capsules and the smaller and larger equivalents causing anything against the climate of this planet?
    However, I recently purchased a CO2 pistol, a Sig Sauer P226, in .177 . It was originally a disaster for target shooting as the iron sights were so way off to the left and low. I then thought about a laser sight that could be fitted under the barrel. After fitting and about half an hour later I was able to produce a 95% accuracy at 10 meters. I also had five magazines (80 shots) and the pistol was able to consistently shoot the pellets accurately although after that the shot count was unreliable and variable! My only experience of CO2 prior to this was a Walther undercover using two CO2 capsules which is still superb, consistent and accurate to 25 meters, but loud. I also have a Dan Wesson 8” revolver but there is nothing I can say to recommend this item.
    I have also bought a .22 Onix Reload pistol PCP which produces fantastic accuracy between 10 and 30 meters but that’s another matter.
    Do CO2 capsules contribute to climate change any more than motor vehicles or people breathing?
    Last edited by Johnmash2; 11-13-21 at 11:01.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Is this a joke?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetalredhead View Post
    Is this a joke?
    Why is that not a redhead in your avatar???

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Join date and post count for the OP checks out.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The CO2 is typically captured from waste sources that would otherwise be dumped/vented to the atmosphere. The cartridges merely hold it for a while until you put it to a constructive use. The energy used to produce the unfilled steel cartridges is a greater source of CO2 emissions.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    As long as you are not eating meat while shooting it you should be fine.

If you eat red meat, while shooting a co2 pistol, the world just might end 2 days before the day after tomorrow.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    If you cannot spell environment, do you really care about the environment?

Feedback Score
    This is actually a valid question 👍

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Why is that not a redhead in your avatar???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmash2 View Post
    Recently I have been thinking about CO2. Are the twelve gram capsules and the smaller and larger equivalents causing anything against the climate of this planet?
    I would be willing to bet that those cylinders can be refilled / reloaded. May take some effort and perhaps even some modifications but if you could sort it all out you would not be killing the environment with all of your empty bottles. (or a baby seal trying to swallow one either)

I also bet that those things are able to hold more than what they come with... The 'safety police' deciding that they could only be sold holding a percentage of the pressure that they were designed to withstand and then mandating that they were not 'allowed' to be refilled or (like with the 1lb propane bottles) not 'allowed' to be transported on a fed highway IF they had been refilled.

My vote is for refilling them and bumping up the grams to as much as you can (safely of course). See just how hot you can make one and how long you can make it last before killing the container. (USE PPE if you think you need it bro but take pictures)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast