Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How well can small optic-equipped pistols shoot?

Feedback Score

How well can small optic-equipped pistols shoot?

Thinking of getting one to try. Probably a Hellcat with a 3 moa optic.

Does an optic on these little guns really allow more precise shooting at 25+yards?

On a side note I wish they made them in .380 to reduce recoil allowing for faster, more accurate follow-ups.

I'm at a point where I avoid "middle" calibers (and guns) like 9mm. If it's going to be small I want very mild recoil and if it's going to big it should be a hot .45, 10mm, or
    .357 (auto or mag)

What I'm trying to gain is more precision without sacrificing speed, unless the speed is traded for a substantially more powerful round. (More expansion & penetration)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've hit a 1:1 scale human torso @100 yards with a buddies P365XL & holosun, not under stress. He was able to make multiple relatively fast hits. 9MM trajectory with that short of a barrel is effectively a rainbow. It's more about how well you shoot than the mechanical accuracy which is greater than 95+% of shooters, the RDS just gives you a finer point to aim with vs irons.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    How well can you see a B8 at 25 yds with irons? 50? 100?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Recoil management isn’t a .380 vs 9mm problem. Recoil management is a YOU problem. It’s 2021. Stop with the 1980s caliber war non sense. Hit what you need to hit. .45 doesn’t do anything different than 9mm.

Red dots help you see better which helps you shoot better. Take a class from a reputable teacher if you feel it’s slower using a dot. The bottom line is they aren’t unless you’re doing it wrong.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    They have the capability to shoot really well. I have 507Ks on a 43X MOS and a P365. They are easily capable of a 90+ 25 yard B8. They are, however, still little guns, so the dot is not going to cut recoil of course.

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

I think its something I need to try. (Little gun with optic)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Recoil management isn’t a .380 vs 9mm problem. .
    I disagree.

Given the same gun and good technique a locked breech .380 will have more easily controlled recoil for faster, more accurate follow-up shots than a 9x19 the same way a 9x19 will vs. .45 acp.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I disagree.

Given the same gun and good technique a locked breech .380 will have more easily controlled recoil for faster, more accurate follow-up shots than a 9x19 the same way a 9x19 will vs. .45 acp.
    My point is that you can manage the difference. No kidding there’s a recoil difference between .380 and 9mm. Hold the gun like it needs to be held.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    My point is that you can manage the difference. No kidding there’s a recoil difference between .380 and 9mm. Hold the gun like it needs to be held.
    Treat it like a rented mule!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Every 380 I've ever shot had more felt recoil than the micro 9s. And I'm not going out of my way to find the one full size, steel, none blowback 380 to compare to.

That along with the thickness and weight is overthinking

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast