Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's a good BASIC p60 style hand held?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

What's a good BASIC p60 style hand held?

Searching through the millions of competitors' flash lights online is exhausting.

My beloved SolarForce chinese p60 clones aren't available any longer where I used to get them. What basic hand held light with NO ANNOYING MODES can you recommend? I don't care about country of origin. I just want an ON/OFF cr123 powered LED hand held for the house/dog walking.

Thanks!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Stream light HL-X. It had the modes but you can turn them off so that it’s on/off.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Surefire 6P

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Stream light HL-X. It had the modes but you can turn them off so that it’s on/off.
    I'll check it out. Thanks. I hate modes. If I want to shut my light off, I don't want to get stuck fumbling thru 5 modes to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Surefire 6P
    I don't give surefire my money if at all possible.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Elzetta Bones
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I too don't pay SureFire money for flashlights and have had good luck with the Thrunight brand. I think they have a model that is close to your P60 favorite.

ThruNight
    Last edited by HKGuns; 09-22-21 at 13:42.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't think they have a P60 clone, but if you have a Harbor Freight near by some of their lights may suit your needs.

I have a few of these around the house with the only complaint being the magnetic base can't hold the light parallel to the floor while the light part has been fine so I am "assuming" their pricier handheld lights won't disappoint.

https://www.harborfreight.com/lighti...ght-63935.html

Also have one of these a fellow range member put me on to that was the trick during the winter last year getting my gear rounded up after dark and even used it a time or 2 for late night zero checks before going hunting.

https://www.harborfreight.com/1250-l...ank-56163.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'll check it out. Thanks. I hate modes. If I want to shut my light off, I don't want to get stuck fumbling thru 5 modes to get there.

Same here and most Streamlights that have modes are programmable and will have something about "10 Tap" in their description.

Their Polytacs(programmable) are a good value and similar to Surefire Nitrolons.

Only thing is to pay attention to the lumens since Streamlight has an annoying habit of increasing light output without changing model names or numbers(don't even think part #'s) which some sellers dont point out on old stock lights so you could conceivably get a light from 2 or 3 lumen levels back from a shady retailer.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks. I'll check some of these out at home tonight. I do have a harbor freight near by too.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast