Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's a good BASIC p60 style hand held?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Malkoffs and Elzettas will still be working long after you’re no longer above ground.

What’s your budget? They’re far from inexpensive.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    A Modlite handheld is on my list lights.

There is a dual fuel option...
    https://modlite.com/collections/ligh...uel-light-head
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Streamlight Macrostream is my EDC light. USB rechargeable and only two modes: 500/50 lumens on first and second push respectively. A little bit smaller than a P60, but more than adequate for EDC and dog walking. Highly recommended.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    Streamlight Macrostream is my EDC light. USB rechargeable and only two modes: 500/50 lumens on first and second push respectively. A little bit smaller than a P60, but more than adequate for EDC and dog walking. Highly recommended.
    Oooh I may have to upgrade from the Microstream USB. Been carrying it 2 or 3 years on a bead chain around my neck(lens still like new versus daily pocket) and it is supper handy. Cigar size so easy to hold between the lips and have finished up the last of several hikes by using the bidirectional pocket clip to stick it on a hat instead of stopping to get a head lamp out of the pack.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For house and dog walking I use $2 Walmart stubby little flashlights in their "sporting" section.

I realize it's not cool or tactical but when all I need is a light to go to the bathroom when the power is out or in the winter time to walk my dog around the block $2 works just fine. They last a few years and I just spend another $2 for the next few years

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I too don't pay SureFire money for flashlights
    Same thing,

I also don't pay, if the flashlight is only for home usage. There are many good-quality flashlights available. Like Pelican, ThruNite, Nitecore... and really those are working best.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I ended up with a LA police gear C1 which has the retarded modes. And they are every bit as annoying as i had imagined. But my son gave me back my Solarforce and took the mode turd. I do run the Malkoff heads on my Arisaka weapon lights. But for around the house stuff, I wanted something in the $50 range.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I ended up with a LA police gear C1 which has the retarded modes. And they are every bit as annoying as i had imagined. But my son gave me back my Solarforce and took the mode turd. I do run the Malkoff heads on my Arisaka weapon lights. But for around the house stuff, I wanted something in the $50 range.
    Yea modes are a pain when you don't want or need them, but useful when you do. Sometimes only turbo mode is just too bright for what you need around the house, walking, etc.

The trick is finding a UI that makes them available to you, but doesn't "make" you deal with them every time you use the light. For this, it's hard to beat the Klarus XT line with dual tail switch UI. The main center switch brings it on high and off....that's it...easy peasy. The side rocker tail switch cycles you through the brightness levels if you need them if the light is on and will bring up the turbo strobe if light is off.

The main switch is easily found like any other rear center switch and is protected by a raised tailcap from all sides except one (opposite the side rocker switch), so you can find the right rotation of the light just by feel and puts your thumb reach on side opposite the side rocker switch so it isn't pushed by accident. Simple...intuitive...efficient.

XT21X:

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nitecore is a brand often overlooked. I have a now-discontinued MH25 USB-rechargeable light that I’ve used as my duty light for years. I bought it on a whim at REI for $75.00 and it has been the best belt-worn duty light I’ve used in 20 years. Barely ever needs to be recharged, 1000 (maybe 900, don’t remember) lumens on Turbo (which I leave it on anyway) and has even spent time on a rifle and I just can’t get it to quit. It’s probably seven years old at this point and still blows away a lot of the competition. It’s a hair longer than most, but it fits beautifully in my Surefire plastic holster. Fits in a baton case too. I really need to dig into their newer offerings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast