Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Perfect battle rifle AR 308

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    mws, no changes needed at all
    if that wasn't available, my kac but I favor the mws by a wide margin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SFree View Post
    SLR, just call em and they’ll send you everything you need for correct rail height and collar thread. I have done it twice and SLR hand guards are great!
    I'll check'em out, thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SFree View Post
    SLR, just call em and they’ll send you everything you need for correct rail height and collar thread. I have done it twice and SLR hand guards are great!
    Good grief I'm going to have to study...they have about 50 types just for .308 rifles.

Feedback Score
    Up until about a year ago the only experience I had with a AR10 was having them fired on the next firing point at Camp Perry when they were being experimented with by the Army Marksmanship Unit in the 1000 matches at Camp Perry and I remembered two things, 1 they were loud even when wearing plugs and muffs and they had lead weights in the butt compartments.

Then I fell into a deal where a guy wanted to trade one for a hunting rifle so I linked up with him and sent him pics and we both drove about 60 miles to meet half way. His was a PA10 with 18" barrel and had a collapsible stock, M Lok forearm. It now has a 20" stainless barrel and soon I hope to take the time to install a match grade trigger. Since the barrel change I have shot it once and have determined it definitely has a future with me when I can get time to get it going at longer ranges. I have some IMI 150 gr ammo with Sierra 150 gr Spitzer bullets that I am using in it now. With a 10 round mag loaded it weighs 14 lbs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I know this is different, but it's all I have and once I get more time behind it any of the above options could replace it. Need to get out to CMP range in AL for a few days.

Galil Ace 7.62X51 with Primary Arms Plx 1-8 Griffin ACSS with MWI Mlock handguard for weight and easier light mounting options.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My 18 inch Colt CM is lighter than than my MWS guns (ie like an SR25) Mlok in 6.5cm laser accurate, gassed perfectly for my Sig Can. NF 4-16X42 can with offset BUIS. Pretty much the perfect battle gun. My MWS is damn near perfect too. Either or both with Geiselle SSA trigger. I wish I had a KAC to compare, but Im just a poor white man.

Several good options out there.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-21-22 at 18:18.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Looking at SLR handguards.

I need to decide style and length for my 16 in DEF-10. Prefer strength over lightweight. Mlok.

Also need to choose a gas block. Prefer clamp-on. Steel. But it needs to fit under the rail. Dont need adjustable now so I think I should skip that feature.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just started to put mine together. Stag lefty 308 with fixed MOE rifle stock. 18" barrel. Raptor charging handle. SSA-E trigger. Rifle speed gas block. YHM flash hider mount. 2-10x40 optic with BUIS. It's ideal for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    @Ron3
    not sure what style you're looking for, but SLR Ion Lite is straightforward, simple MLOK.
    Last edited by rpoL98; 01-29-22 at 02:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    @Ron3
    not sure what style you're looking for, but SLR Ion Lite is straightforward, simple MLOK.
    Thanks!

That one does seem like it would work. I should call them to see if their clamping gas block is compatible.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast