Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Perfect battle rifle AR 308

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Here is mine:

Here is the info on the evolution: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...veske-AR-Build
    Nice build Doc. For those of your building AR10's these days, you can just as easily build one like an AR15, or are there still multiple nuances and reliability can suffer. I'm really not planning on building but get asked so I'm curious.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Nice build Doc. For those of your building AR10's these days, you can just as easily build one like an AR15, or are there still multiple nuances and reliability can suffer. I'm really not planning on building but get asked so I'm curious.

PB
    It is a bit different. Same principles are still there, but different. Not all of the parts are are "Universal" as the AR15. Less forgiving, if that makes scene.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    I’m “trying” to build a 6.5C AR10.

I say trying as I ordered everything in September and am still waiting on the Wilson Combat lower which is back ordered.

It isn’t really clear what works with what, so I stuck with WC for most of my parts. I learned my standard VLTOR A5 RE will work, which is good.

Going the billet route, which I did, pretty much dictates you need to buy from one company. Even without billet parts you need to ensure they use DPMS V1.

There is also DPMS V2 and RRA patterns out there and the parts aren’t always clearly described as to which pattern they follow.

I’m by no means an expert. I am sure there are others here who know more than me, so if I got this wrong would appreciate being corrected.

I’ve learned the hard way that even on AR15 builds the billet uppers are a bit of a crap shoot with rails.

I have all the parts I need except the lower at this point and it may be another 3 months.

Hope this helps somewhat PB.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone run the criterion 16in rifle gas with a superlative adjustable gas block? I’m thinking of building another battle rifle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    Has anyone run the criterion 16in rifle gas with a superlative adjustable gas block? I’m thinking of building another battle rifle
    I'm running this on my ADM UIC-10A, posted back on 2-21 with accuracy, maybe 500rds in and so far so good. I have a SW M&P10 that feels lighter, even with a 18" barrel, but is super finicky with ammo, the ADM is pretty consistent with cheap 147-150gr (pmc, whinchester) at 1.5ish Moa but shines with 168gr match, especially for me.

As far as the Superlative gasblock I haven't touched it since purchase, but the rifle seems properly gassed for a 308/7.62 Nato. I have yet to mount a suppressor to the gun
    Last edited by Hank6046; 05-01-22 at 13:41. Reason: gasblock
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I'm running this on my ADM UIC-10A, posted back on 2-21 with accuracy, maybe 500rds in and so far so good. I have a SW M&P10 that feels lighter, even with a 18" barrel, but is super finicky with ammo, the ADM is pretty consistent with cheap 147-150gr (pmc, whinchester) at 1.5ish Moa but shines with 168gr match, especially for me.

As far as the Superlative gasblock I haven't touched it since purchase, but the rifle seems properly gassed for a 308/7.62 Nato. I have yet to mount a suppressor to the gun
    What muzzle device do you have on it? I am debating between a warcomp and socom brake

Feedback Score
    What muzzle device do you have on it? I am debating between a warcomp and socom brake
    Warcomp
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Warcomp is always hard to beat. I might run a can so the brake might be better for it.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Warcomp is always hard to beat. I might run a can so the brake might be better for it.
    If you need a pronged muzzle device, and plan to suppress go with an SF3P-762-5/8-24. The Warcomp has ports at the back of the device that allow gas to escape, which may lead to carbon lock.

Feedback Score
    The brake has the same labrintyh seal as the 3 prong. I would run a warcomp to help
    With muzzle rise and to have less concussion than a brake but it’s just kind of a pipe dream

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast