Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Perfect battle rifle AR 308

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm really digging my POF Rogue 16.5" .308 AR. It is basically an AR15 that shoots .308. The barrel nut, handguard, charging handle, pistol grip, mag catch, and even the bolt carrier are all AR15 compatible. The rifle is under 6lb as shipped from the factory. I replaced the factory handguard with a CMT UHPR Mod 1 15" AR15 handguard and the charging handle with an AR15 sized Raptor. Also swapped in a H2 carbine buffer.

Shoots great, and is easy to use offhand due to the light weight and balance.

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    I'm really digging my POF Rogue 16.5" .308 AR. It is basically an AR15 that shoots .308. The barrel nut, handguard, charging handle, pistol grip, mag catch, and even the bolt carrier are all AR15 compatible. The rifle is under 6lb as shipped from the factory. I replaced the factory handguard with a CMT UHPR Mod 1 15" AR15 handguard and the charging handle with an AR15 sized Raptor. Also swapped in a H2 carbine buffer.

Shoots great, and is easy to use offhand due to the light weight and balance.

I remember being very impressed with one at the gun store I used to work at. It was amazing how light it was.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    #docsherm

Yo Doc, I cleaned up the background on your blaster. That gun looks too good for clutter. You own the copyright, so if my edit offends you, let me know and I'll pull it down immediately.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When I was looking for another .308 auto loader I looked over quite a few and went with the Ruger SR762.
    May not be the perfect .308 but it runs well.
    My LGS had the latest version with better furniture and two stage trigger so I went with that one.

Swapped out the Ruger FH for a Precision Armament EFAB that works well.
    If I ever get a can I'll use something else.
    Swapped out the CH and safety for Radian.
    Went with a rifle action, Luth stock and a K2 XL grip.
    That did change my gas setting from 1 to 2 but it is smoother.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    #docsherm

Yo Doc, I cleaned up the background on your blaster. That gun looks too good for clutter. You own the copyright, so if my edit offends you, let me know and I'll pull it down immediately.

WOW.....Nice work. That is so much better. Thanks!

Mind if I post this one?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thinking about taking Bertha from 18" SS to 14.5" Proof Mid-length gas. How many battle points for a fully stocked Squad Aid Pack for a shooting rest?

Last edited by Joelski; 05-25-22 at 21:24.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I think that the OP nailed it; the Colt 901-16SE in MLOK and with the Ambi charging handle from the CM762 and fluted barrel would be perfect, I think. I would settle for a regular 901-16SE if I could find one, but they're crazy expensive, so I'll stick with my M&P10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    I think that the OP nailed it; the Colt 901-16SE in MLOK and with the Ambi charging handle from the CM762 and fluted barrel would be perfect, I think. I would settle for a regular 901-16SE if I could find one, but they're crazy expensive, so I'll stick with my M&P10.

Honestly, I bought my ADM-308 (UIC10a which is too long a name) because I was looking for a LMT MWS 308 and could not find one, and while that gun is an awesome gun I paid around $2500 for it, while my M&P10 I got for less than $1200, and for that money it is a really great gun. Added a SF muzzle brake and some magpul furniture and took it out passed 600 yards in 50 degree rain and wind and was making continuous hits on steel with Barnes 175gr and a $250 PA 4-14x scope
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Honestly, I bought my ADM-308 (UIC10a which is too long a name) because I was looking for a LMT MWS 308 and could not find one, and while that gun is an awesome gun I paid around $2500 for it, while my M&P10 I got for less than $1200, and for that money it is a really great gun. Added a SF muzzle brake and some magpul furniture and took it out passed 600 yards in 50 degree rain and wind and was making continuous hits on steel with Barnes 175gr and a $250 PA 4-14x scope

This was me shooting at over 800 yards with the same rifle pictured above, but in a previous configuration with a 3.5X TA11 ACOG. Consistent hits, I would love to do that now with my Razor 1-10X.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post

This was me shooting at over 800 yards with the same rifle pictured above, but in a previous configuration with a 3.5X TA11 ACOG. Consistent hits, I would love to do that now with my Razor 1-10X.
    I wish I could have that property. I belong to a range where I can only get out to 500 yards, and they are pretty FUDDY when it comes to ARs. The M&P10 has been a really great gun for the money, my ADM with the Vortex 1-10 gets heavy with that tank of a criterion barrel, but the M&P is pretty well balanced and gets great groups with heavier loads, I need to do a comparison and post it on here, I'm trying to get my buddies SCAR and to use his property but our schedules never seem to work out.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast