Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Perfect battle rifle AR 308

Feedback Score
    disregard; Pic not working with Imgur
    Last edited by Hank6046; 05-26-22 at 13:57.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    I'm really digging my POF Rogue 16.5" .308 AR. It is basically an AR15 that shoots .308. The barrel nut, handguard, charging handle, pistol grip, mag catch, and even the bolt carrier are all AR15 compatible. The rifle is under 6lb as shipped from the factory. I replaced the factory handguard with a CMT UHPR Mod 1 15" AR15 handguard and the charging handle with an AR15 sized Raptor. Also swapped in a H2 carbine buffer.

Shoots great, and is easy to use offhand due to the light weight and balance.

Thanks to your post, I am really considering one of these hybrid POF rifles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    @Ron3
    I've used the SLR 308 rails with SLR Sentry-7 clamp-on gas blocks (0.750" gas block journal), no problem, on several builds. don't know if it will fit the Sentry-8 (0.875") or Sentry-9 (0.936") clamp-ons, though.
    I sent SLR an email with my rifle specs, the handguard I was interested in, and inquiring about their gas blocks to help me choose which of their products to buy. A pleasant, brief but detailed (numbers) email.

They never responded. Don't like money I guess.

I might give them a call next time I'm in the mood.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Or more likely your email went to spam
    nawai

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Thanks to your post, I am really considering one of these hybrid POF rifles.
    They’re ridiculously light weight. They might be the perfect 308 to run n’ gun with.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    They’re ridiculously light weight. They might be the perfect 308 to run n’ gun with.
    And that's what I'm looking for. Probably going to go with the Revolution because I like things being ambidextrous.
    So these are compatible with regular AR15 rails?
    Last edited by masakari; 06-01-22 at 12:46.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    And that's what I'm looking for. Probably going to go with the Revolution because I like things being ambidextrous.
    So these are compatible with regular AR15 rails?
    Yep, AR15 rails.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    If you buy a POF, I would like a solid round count review. A quick Google search raises eyebrows, but the template (small[er] frame 308) is appealing.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    If you buy a POF, I would like a solid round count review. A quick Google search raises eyebrows, but the template (small[er] frame 308) is appealing.
    Well FWIW mine has about 250 rounds down the barrel. The first couple of mags were iffy, like the moving parts were breaking in. Then, no issues with surplus 7.62NATO but current production PMC 250gr .308 caused a couple of issues that felt like overgassing. Swapped in a H2 carbine buffer, and no issues since then with Hirtenberger 147gr, PMC, Amax, and Tula 150gr steel cased.

In fact, my POF really likes the Tula and shoots it very accurately. Not as accurately as 168gr Hornady Amax, but better than the brass cased surplus or PMC.

Will report back at 500 rounds...

Eh, if it helps, here's a photo of my POF next to my full sized AR308.

Last edited by caporider; 06-02-22 at 12:58.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Or more likely your email went to spam
    Very possible.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast