Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9mm fired from Glock, any way to save it

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OK, I must be imagining those cases NOT dropping into the EAG gauge !

Feedback Score
    i don't reload, but a friend does, and i save all of my glock brass for him. have given him thousands and thousands of 9mm cases fired from glocks, and he's given me hundreds of reloaded rounds that have once again been fired through my glocks, only to be recovered and handed back to him again.... i suspect i've had the same brass through the same glock multiple times

seems from the expressions in this thread, there must be something wrong with your glock or your reloading gear

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Several places sell small base dies that knock out the bulge where Glock .40 barrels left the case unsupported, but I am thinking .40 Glocks don't have that issue any more.

I recall dropping a factory new .40 S&W in a Gen 2 or early Gen 3 22/23 and being somewhat surprised that the online claims of how much the cartridge lolled around in the chamber were true.
    I've fired and reloaded tens of thousands (10,000s) of rounds for .40cal Glocks (I have eight of them), and never seen a bulged case. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Seriously not following what the issue is here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    No idea what the OP is talking about.

Been reloading 9mm and .40 out of Glocks for 15 years now.....thousands of rounds. Never a problem.
    Me, neither...

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    No issue unless there's a problem with the die you have or the chamber in your pistol.
    Yes... What gun are you trying to put these rounds into? Is it possible that you're bulging the cases as you're reloading them?

Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    ...after resizing cases I drop them into a EGW 7 hole case gauge and those that were fired in Glocks have a obvious bulge that prevents the case from dropping in fully, these I segregate to junk brass box.
    Ignore the EGW case gauge. Remove the barrel from your gun and use its chamber as a case gauge. Most guns' chambers are larger than SAAMI-spec (especially Glocks).

You only need to size your rounds enough that they'll fit in your gun again... Otherwise you're just wearing out your brass and working hard for nothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I've fired and reloaded tens of thousands (10,000s) of rounds for .40cal Glocks (I have eight of them), and never seen a bulged case. Never.
    When I was really seeing mentions of that(along with pictures) was on a Glock email list back in the 1990's so it was mostly Gen 2 pistols. I have never owned a .40 anything, but after seeing loose Glock .40 chamber claims I was looking at someone else's Gen 2 or early 3 22 or 23 and a factory .40 was so loose in it I could see how there could have been issues sizing it.

Got to thinking and I do think Glock 9mm chambers were cut a little looser years back, but not by a lot.
    I hand loaded from about 1995 till 2005, then didn't start back on rifle till 2019 and pistol summer of 2020.

95-05 I was loading for Gen 2 and single pin Gen 3 and never really had an issue once I figured out combo seater taper crimps and zero issues after getting Lee carbide factory crimp dies.

A buddy got in to loading a few years after I did and quite several of his first loads had crimping that would not completely chamber in his USP, but did fine in my Gen 2 Glocks.

I picked up a G19 new take off barrel(think they were Simunition or other trainer conversions) in 1998 or 1999 so likely a single pin Gen 3.

When I started back reloading I also started casting and picked up a 135gr SWC mold from MP Molds which I had to figure out seating depth on my own. I grabbed the old take off barrel and made a few dummies which passed plunk test. Then grabbed a 2 pin 3 and a Gen 4 to test and none would fully chamber. Only took a small change in seating depth, but there does seem be a slight difference in older vs. newer chambers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    When I was really seeing mentions of that(along with pictures) was on a Glock email list back in the 1990's so it was mostly Gen 2 pistols. I have never owned a .40 anything, but after seeing loose Glock .40 chamber claims I was looking at someone else's Gen 2 or early 3 22 or 23 and a factory .40 was so loose in it I could see how there could have been issues sizing it.
    All but a couple of my Glocks are Gen2 (I hate finger grooves), and the ones I shoot the most are Gen2.

Glock chambers are definitely more generous...

My reloads would chamber just fine in my Glocks, but my buddy's old S&W autoloader in .40S&W wouldn't chamber them, and neither would my S&W 610.

For the OP, rather than using the EGW case gauge, just use your gun that has the tightest chamber...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    All but a couple of my Glocks are Gen2 (I hate finger grooves), and the ones I shoot the most are Gen2.

Glock chambers are definitely more generous...

My reloads would chamber just fine in my Glocks, but my buddy's old S&W autoloader in .40S&W wouldn't chamber them, and neither would my S&W 610.

For the OP, rather than using the EGW case gauge, just use your gun that has the tightest chamber...
    My last Gen 2 was long my favorite till I the striker assembly popped through the breach face. I finally gave in and got to where I mostly ignore the grooves, but now no added back strap 5 frames are growing on me.

There were plenty of 22/23 reloaders on that email list that just used regular sizing dies without issue. I don't know if I never read of anyone having issues that tried a different standard die(or better being able to get with one of the no problem .40 reloaders and use their die) with most either ceasing reloading for Glock .40 or a few picking up the fairly new at the time .40 die EGW put out.

Very good chance it was unfortunate meetings of tolerance stacks of chambers and dies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Back in the day, .40 case web bulges and failures were common when certain variables were combined. Those guns would all be gen2-3. Seen less often in gen4, but more because decline in volume during the transition from 40 to 9. Reman 40 was also less common about that time.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123