Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FN TAC3…

Feedback Score

FN TAC3…

Anyone have any hands on experience with this rifle? I’m considering picking one up for a duty rifle… What are your thoughts on its accuracy, reliability, and handling? How solid is the rail and how does the trigger feel? How would you compare this to the Geissele rifles?

Thanks in advance…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What options does your department allow?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    The department has an official ‘authorized’ list but all the brands on it with the exception of DD, Colt, and maybe SA (don’t know anything about their AR15 rifles) are lower quality ‘budget’ options that I wouldn’t want to have my life or someone else’s rely on. And even Colt I’ve heard iffy things about the last few years…

That said I am able to get other makes blessed off… Requirements are it be an AR15 in 5.56. ‘Reputable’ brand. Black. No modifications to major parts (ie. trigger, BCG). I wanted to use one of my BCM rifles but since they have a reputation for being sold as uppers only that didn’t fly. (My lowers are BCM branded but bought separately and put together by me with Geissele triggers.)

Feedback Score
    I have had extremely negative experiences with SA and FN. That's me. My issued FN 11.5 has been back to FN and still double feeds last I shot it. We T&E'd the Saint series. Extremely inaccurate

If you can't use your BCM, sell it and get a Colt or DD. If you roll your own, no one will know if it isn't factory.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    My issued FN 11.5 has been back to FN and still double feeds last I shot it.
    A double feed is always a magazine failure.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Not much is going to compare to a G rifle. If you could use a Geisele Super duty, I would jump all over that. FN is known to make good gear not sure how they started making shitty guns? BCM, LMT the usual suspects. Good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooter76 View Post
    That said I am able to get other makes blessed off… Requirements are it be an AR15 in 5.56. ‘Reputable’ brand. Black. No modifications to major parts (ie. trigger, BCG). I wanted to use one of my BCM rifles but since they have a reputation for being sold as uppers only that didn’t fly. (My lowers are BCM branded but bought separately and put together by me with Geissele triggers.)
    Might be worth considering.
    https://sonsoflibertygw.com/duty-use-replacement/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The department has an official ‘authorized’ list but all the brands on it with the exception of DD, Colt, and maybe SA (don’t know anything about their AR15 rifles) are lower quality ‘budget’ options that I wouldn’t want to have my life or someone else’s rely on. And even Colt I’ve heard iffy things about the last few years…

Did you mention to them that BCM is what Border Patrol is using?

I went through a similar issue with my department. I ended up being able to use mine after an event occurred.

On a side note, I carried a Colt as my duty weapon for years without any problems. I shot my instructor courses with it as well as did a lot of training.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    I’ve thought about picking up one of Colt’s OEM2 stripped carbines and setting it up the way I like. But I’ve heard mixed reviews of their current quality… Can anyone speak on that?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ve thought about picking up one of Colt’s OEM2 stripped carbines and setting it up the way I like. But I’ve heard mixed reviews of their current quality… Can anyone speak on that?
    I see zero flaws with that plan, and I would have zero concerns in using todays Colts.
    Stick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast