Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lamb on 1-stage vs 2-stage and problems with…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I never understood why anyone would use a 2-stage outside of a precision role.

"Enhanced" milspec triggers (BCM PNT, ALG ACT, Centurion AMT, SOLGW) are where it's at IMO.
    I’m right with you. I have SOLGW triggers in all of my lowers and love them. Obviously not as light as a Giessle but much lighter and more crisp than traditional mil spec. If you’ve ever experienced a rough, creepy, 7 1/2-8lb mil spec trigger you would definitely appreciate them much more after. All of mine have 5lb pull weights with no creep and most of the time I measure them in the high 4lb range, basically 5. No creep whatsoever and no break in period needed to lighten the pull.

Feedback Score
    I have had a few inadvertent double taps with my Geissele GS2 2-Stage Trigger in my Colt 6920. I swapped it out and replaced it with a Sionic's Single Stage Enhanced Mil-Spec Trigger. Put the GS2 Trigger in my lower that I use for my MK12/AR15A4 clones. Haven't had any issues with any of them since the swap.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    I have been happy with the LaRue MBT triggers in my rifles and stopped purchasing Geissele triggers due to cost. I have been reluctant to try the SOLGW triggers but it's good to hear others are happy with them.

Thanks to all previous posters for sharing their experiences.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Not denying that it happens, but I have thousands and thousands of rounds on my SSA and SSAE and have never had this issue...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Not denying that it happens, but I have thousands and thousands of rounds on my SSA and SSAE and have never had this issue...
    Same here and suspect any issues, if any, would more likely be found in the triggers geared toward gaming.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I don’t care if you doubt me.

I’ve yet to see someone run a 2-stage as quickly and effectively as a single stage at distances that most would use (i.e. closer ranges).

You do you, booboo.
    You got me curious, so I did an informal test today. Using a 6920 upper that has been rebarrelled with a 14.5” MMC barrel with an A2 topped with a Comp M4s, and two lowers, a 6920 lower with H2 buffer, and a franken-lower with an A5H2, Colt spring, and Wilson Paul Howe TTU 2 stage, I fired 75 splits for a total of 150 rds. I used an USPSA target at 10 yds with a 3” sticker in the middle as an aiming point. I attempted to keep all shots in the A zone, but pulled 8 into the B/C, mostly with the stock Colt (S marked) trigger.

Results: Inconclusive. All splits with were .11 to .20. Most were .12 to .17. I was disappointingly inconsistent today, but you’d never know the difference one way or the other by watching and listening without the timer.

Ammo used was XM193 and a M855 non-magnetic clone.

The dot bouncing was my speed-limiting factor.
    Last edited by 1168; 05-06-22 at 21:16. Reason: Clarity

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I never understood why anyone would use a 2-stage outside of a precision role.

"Enhanced" milspec triggers (BCM PNT, ALG ACT, Centurion AMT, SOLGW) are where it's at IMO.
    Interesting since every M1, M14, M1903, M1917 rifle and M1 Carbine the Army equipped soldiers with had a two-stage trigger.

The two-stage helps ensure both safety and a decent, lower-weight break.

I agree most shooters would be best-served with a clean-breaking single-stage, as they support most close (300 yards and under) and fast target engagements.

Feedback Score
    I will say that there are a good amount of SSF triggers that have had an issue of firing on reset. Granted these guns do see a good amount of rounds.

Feedback Score
    No issues with my 3 SSA triggers across several thousand rounds.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Great info on all those past battle rifles that doesn't seem to be common knowledge.

The typically longer sear engagement and longer travel of a 2 stage trigger improves mechanical drop safety and can help reduce accidental discharged.

Even the AK trigger is fundamentally this robust, long travel style even if many variants are machined such that the disconnector doesnt touch the hammer before sear release, so the second stage never kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Interesting since every M1, M14, M1903, M1917 rifle and M1 Carbine the Army equipped soldiers with had a two-stage trigger.

The two-stage helps ensure both safety and a decent, lower-weight break.

I agree most shooters would be best-served with a clean-breaking single-stage, as they support most close (300 yards and under) and fast target engagements.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast