Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lamb on 1-stage vs 2-stage and problems with…

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Stick already alluded to something I wasn't going to write. He's selling kit..........I won't knock anyone for selling kit, you just have to realize, he's selling kit and make your own decisions.

I have G-Triggers in all of my AR's.........and in my SCAR17 and Tavor. I'm not a hard use type, but have had exactly zero trigger hiccups or failures in my many samples. If there were huge issues, it'd be all over TOS and here very likely as well.

Interesting side note: I installed 2 Sionics triggers in my two Wilson lowers as place-holders last night while I wait for the MBT's I ordered to arrive. They have some coating on the hammer and trigger that might be NIB....They look similar to the ALG triggers I've fondled.

The thing I noticed is that while they are probably 100% reliable, they don't have the same precise fit or "feel" as the many G-Triggers I've installed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    They are the same, with a lighter touch on QA and less strict spring supplier selection.

Andy
    So the same but different

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    The “doubling” with lighter AR triggers isn’t a mechanical failure, it’s bump firing.
    Totally. I've had triggers that were absolutely top-notch in design and execution that doubled-- off my shoulder. The break was so feathery, over-travel and reset were all so minimal-- that, especially in a lighter gun like a carbine, they would "bump" off my shoulder back into the trigger finger. Nothing at all wrong mechanically, just too dang feathery. I've seen this with two or three different ones, to include single stage and two-stage triggers. Some, put the exact same trigger on something with a heavy 20" barrel and big ol' scope, and they are fine..... or, at least, further from the edge of bump-firing.

Once I realized what these were doing, I found I could make it stop but like Kyle said I'd rather not have to adjust anything in my technique to accommodate a trigger.

I think way too much is made of perfect, short, light triggers. Not saying a guy is not manly unless his trigger is over six pounds but jeez, there is so much hyping of light triggers to inexperienced shooters. And of the many, many aftermarket triggers out there, in my opinion a lot of them are way too light for almost any application, like it's a contest between trigger manufacturers to put out the lowest number. A great many of them (my opinion, again) are not durable and reliable in function and/or how they are installed. Jack screws putting the pins in shear, for example. It works for as long as it works but there's just more potential for things to come loose.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Interesting side note: I installed 2 Sionics triggers in my two Wilson lowers as place-holders last night while I wait for the MBT's I ordered to arrive. They have some coating on the hammer and trigger that might be NIB....They look similar to the ALG triggers I've fondled.
    They use Np3, same thing as on their BCG.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    They use Np3, same thing as on their BCG.
    It's NiB, not NP3 unfortunately.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Just looked it up and stand corrected. That is unfortunate, they use to use Np3, I wonder when they made the change.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sounds like a lot shilling for his Triggertech. I never got the whole "2-stage creep ain't no good for fast shooting", just smash through it and it is not even noticeable, but when it comes to presicion shooting it noticeable. I have several Geissele triggers and have never had a doubling issue with any of them.
    This is me as well. I tried LMT 2 stage which is a decent two stage, but it felt a little funny when hammering away. I never got that "this trigger feels weird for CQB work" with SSA triggers. I too wonder which triggers they had issue with out of the G triggers. I run mostly the SSA's but have others. And the Larue is a good trigger too, especially for the coin. I'm keeping my SSA's.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Just looked it up and stand corrected. That is unfortunate, they use to use Np3, I wonder when they made the change.
    Most likely cost
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    The two stage is Nib, the Enhanced mil-spec is NP3.

Feedback Score
    Gotta love the blatant marketing influencing that occurs in this industry. People eat it up because "tier one" something something.

<This statement not targeted at any particular minor celebrity in the firearms industry>.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast