Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lamb on 1-stage vs 2-stage and problems with…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I run an MBT with the heavy spring for one simple reason, it's as close to the feel of my Glock I can get in an AR trigger. It's infinitely better than a Glock trigger, BUT the takeup is similar. I pre-load the trigger on the Glock quite often, and with a single stage AR trigger it goes bang instead of moving. It's just a thing with me, and I don't expect anyone else to have a similar issue.
    I wish the MBT reset were similar to the Glock trigger: short and to the second stage. Otherwise I think it's great.
    Last edited by Disciple; 09-24-21 at 15:06.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B52U View Post
    Gotta love the blatant marketing influencing that occurs in this industry. People eat it up because "tier one" something something.
    Not sure who is worse...these marketing whores, the Johns who follow and serve as their mouthpiece , or perhaps the virtue signaling clowns that champion their dated kit....”muh quad rail; muh fsp irons; muh milspec trigger” that stand in stark opposition to EVERYTHING.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    The two stage is Nib, the Enhanced mil-spec is NP3.
    I just looked up the trigger that came with my “Enhanced LPK.” These terms make it confusing.

The LPK I bought says it comes with: “The Hammer and Trigger have been treated in a durable, Corrosion Resistant Nickel PTFE to reduce friction and maintain lubricity.”

It feels nice and smooth and isn’t gritty at all. Both samples pull at just over 6 pounds.

Feedback Score
    I have at least 16 G triggers plus LaRue and centurion etc. Though I have much respect for the duty and deeds he has accomplished, I see this as nothing more than a sales presentation. However, if @combat-diver were to respond and verify that G triggers were problematic, I would reevaluate. I do not know if he posts here anymore, but he is active on TOS. Perhaps someone can ask him?

Cheers, Steve
    Last edited by ssc; 09-24-21 at 15:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I had a couple Geissle “Three Gun” (?) triggers that’d double on precise shots where I’d be super deliberate in take up breaking a shot.
    No issues if I was hammering the trigger.
    I have geissele SD3G (super dynamic 3gun) triggers in all three of my go-to rifles.
    one is a 10.5" noveske switchblock SBR, with an aimpoint micro
    one is an 18" custom rifle i built years ago, with a vtac handrail, that currently has a NF 1-8 atacr
    one is an 18" factory daniel defense v7 pro, that sports a 4-16x NF atacr and offset RMR

with the latter two, while taking precision shots, if I use the same trigger technique that I use shooting light bolt gun triggers in PRS, they will absolutely double often. I definitely have to change my technique to keep from doubling. or as other's more correctly called it, bump firing, which it's prone to due to the very short/fast reset.
    as you said, no issues hammering.

so i'm not surprised that Mr. Lamb had similar issues, and don't fault him for pointing it out, salesmanship notwithstanding

That said, you can definitely shoot precision with either a single or two stage trigger. The middle rifle above was used as a "secondary" to win mammoth sniper challenge (mostly 1 MOA targets out to 500 yards).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    I have geissele SD3G (super dynamic 3gun) triggers in all three of my go-to rifles.
    one is a 10.5" noveske switchblock SBR, with an aimpoint micro
    one is an 18" custom rifle i built years ago, with a vtac handrail, that currently has a NF 1-8 atacr
    one is an 18" factory daniel defense v7 pro, that sports a 4-16x NF atacr and offset RMR

with the latter two, while taking precision shots, if I use the same trigger technique that I use shooting light bolt gun triggers in PRS, they will absolutely double often. I definitely have to change my technique to keep from doubling. or as other's more correctly called it, bump firing, which it's prone to due to the very short/fast reset.
    as you said, no issues hammering.

so i'm not surprised that Mr. Lamb had similar issues, and don't fault him for pointing it out, salesmanship notwithstanding

That said, you can definitely shoot precision with either a single or two stage trigger. The middle rifle above was used as a "secondary" to win mammoth sniper challenge (mostly 1 MOA targets out to 500 yards).
    You're not the only one to report this regarding precision shots with the Geissele 3 gun triggers, to be sure. The thing is that Geissele specifically says in their description that these triggers are not designed for precision work, and that one of their 2 stage triggers is the correct tool for the job.

I'm not at all implying that you are doing this, but I do see others gloating when they read something along these lines with, "See! All anyone needs is a milspec trigger!" Which of course, is like complaining that an M240 is shit as a precision rifle and therefore everyone should be using M4s. Nuance is lost to the simple mind.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I’m well aware it’s not a traditional choice. Not advocating it at all. But not complaining about it either. If it didn’t work for me, I wouldn’t be on the third one. I have lots of other high end triggers both single and two stage. I love that trigger. You just have to know your gear

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I never understood why anyone would use a 2-stage outside of a precision role.
    Why do people assume a two stage trigger is only needed for precision shooting? Is the two stage trigger in the 03-A3 or Garand a precision trigger? There are some single stage AR triggers that are better suited to precision match shooting than duty or defense use.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    The “doubling” with lighter AR triggers isn’t a mechanical failure, it’s bump firing.
    This is my thought. In the video, he said the doubling occurred when he was shooting in an odd position. I think he called it "junkyard prone".

I know the Garand and M-14 triggers are infamous for doubling if the shooter tries to milk it. I've had it happen to me.

I can shoot a standard single stage AR trigger fine. But given the choice between the standard single stage AR trigger and a two stage, I'll take the two stage. I like the KAC two stage best because it has a shorter reset than the G trigger, like a Garand or M-14 trigger. I like it because it gives me more control when want to make a precise shot at any range and if I need to shoot fast, I can just sweep it. The two stage is a closer match to the trigger pull in the pistols shoot the most.

I don't trust a single stage with minimal creep in a self loading firearm. The sear engagement might be too short to not release the trigger if the self loader is exposed to rough handling. Some triggers have a safety sear to catch the hammer if it does fall, but then you have a dead trigger.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    My cousin’s sisters brother shot a Geissele, and it didn’t break. His name is little Timmy.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think I got my first SSA in ‘08, have used it quite a bit but still use a stock type quita a bit also. They were not out for long when I got one. I’m not a super high volume shooter but I have been around a lot of training and competition and Geissele triggers have surely been very popular everywhere I’ve been.

I have never even heard of a Geissele trigger going bad and I talk guns all the time.

I have seen a LOT unintended doubles with the S3G though.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast