Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Kyle Lamb on 1-stage vs 2-stage and problems with…

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I only have three G triggers (one SD-C and two SD-E) but I've never had any problem with any of them. I'd say each has a couple thousand rounds on it. They've all been used in training classes and competitions. I also have one flat two-stage MBT. I honestly can't tell a difference between it and the G triggers. As of now, I see no reason to ever spend the money on a G trigger again as long as the MBT is on the market for less than half the price.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Great info on all those past battle rifles that doesn't seem to be common knowledge.
    They also had sights that went out far enough to use the rifle as a mini howitzer. Something being a military requirement doesn’t always mean it’s actually useful on a combat weapon.

Two stage triggers have been a “safety feature” going back to before an actual manual safety was designed. And most safeties were not easy to disengage at the moment you decide to shoot like the M16.

Never discount the “we always did it that way”.

Or it may have been kept at the insistence of the target shooters, like the M16 A2 “improvements”.

I’m not discounting your thoughtful position on sear engagement, I just see a lot more possibilities in the history.

Feedback Score
    I had to swap things around on a few rifles this weekend. I use both G and LaRue triggers. Just so happens I was pulling an example of each out of several lowers. When you handle them both side by side you can tell the LaRue is just made better. EDM, captured disconnector and spring, trigger shoe... just has an overall appearance and feel of being a better quality trigger. Now I am not slamming the G trigger. I like the ones I have and do think they have (for me) a better feel over the MBT triggers. And the overall design and production has stood the test of time. The LaRue feels over built and its noticeable. Just an interesting observation inside the context of this thread. I will still buy both and be happy about it.

Feedback Score
    I shot a friend’s AR with SSA-E trigger after being used to my SSA trigger & got a few double-taps/hammers simply because it was lighter than I expected & i was slack of holding the rifle. I didn’t mean t bump-fire, but that’s what happened.

I prefer 2 stage SSA triggers & have them on most of my ARs, but the SSA-E is light for my taste in a semiauto.

My Tikka T3X is adjusted to maybe 3 lbs. big difference to me with a bolt action.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213