Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lamb on 1-stage vs 2-stage and problems with…

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Why do people assume a two stage trigger is only needed for precision shooting? Is the two stage trigger in the 03-A3 or Garand a precision trigger? There are some single stage AR triggers that are better suited to precision match shooting than duty or defense use.
    I'm not assuming. It's my opinion. I generally don't like 2-stage triggers outside of a precision role. They offer absolutely nothing to me at close quarters distances. You do you.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    My cousin’s sisters brother shot a Geissele, and it didn’t break. His name is little Timmy.
    Thanks for your invaluable input.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Thanks for your invaluable input.
    Sure thing, anytime.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    …an unnamed trigger that apparently everyone assumes is Geissele.

Anyone run into doubling with an SSA or SSA-E? Or hear about military folk’s Geissele triggers breaking?
    As a couple of guys have pointed out, what's Kyle's context?

I've doubled and shocked the hell out of myself when shooting SSA-E(nhanced) triggers -- enough to not buy any.

I like and own the National Match High Speed, SSAs, SSFs, and G2Ss.

These guys with failing un-named triggers -- were these issued guns with GI SOPMOD SSFs? Uncle Sam ain't gonna magically put a Larue MBTS with straight trigger, or a VTAC cassette trigger into a work gun. If these were compadres of his making side-job coin with personal guns, yeah, you can swap to anything you want and sell or give away the old one. Army gun? Not a chance.

If Army M4s and M16A1 Carbines had decent triggers there would never have been a want-need for a different/better after-market. Are standard (Big Army) GI triggers good/bad/great? Really luck of the draw -- and they still have to pass government lot acceptance, re-test, or reject, per spec, even if it feels like dragging a cinder block across a driveway.

Feedback Score
    I use Geissele Hi Speed National Match triggers in my all my AR pattern competition guns. Part of the setup process is to take the specific gun to the range and to tune the trigger relative to the gun/system setup. The nature of the trigger allows for the second stage to be set so light and crisp that the recoil impulse of the rifle will cause repeat firings; what we all know as bump fire. But it's so fast that it's almost imperceptible and feels like a malfunction when it happens. During setup, I can have two or three rounds go down range just as easily as one. So it's an absolutely critical step in setting up those specific triggers relative to the weight/tuning of the gun and the manner in which it will be used.

Technique is another thing that's probably worth noting. With a full "combat" wraparound firing grip, the bump fire effect is much less likely. Using a precision grip, where your thumb is on the same side as your fingers, the bump fire effect is far more pronounced.

I can't comment on the other G triggers, but I imagine they could do the same thing depending on the setup and the user. Not a defect, just something to be aware of.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skatz11 View Post
    I see a 2 stage trigger as a luxury I can afford. I’ve never heard of any issues with a quality two stage trigger (Giessele) in the last 15 years.

Is it needed? No does it slow me down? No on both counts. Do I appreciate a light crisp trigger when zeroing and taking longer more precise shots? The answer to that is 100% yes.
    +1, especially on the zeroing prone or otherwise, you said it better though......I was usually replacing LPK mil spec triggers that were whatever I could get at the time, so Giessele upgrade made sense for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I wish the MBT reset were similar to the Glock trigger: short and to the second stage. Otherwise I think it's great.
    I don’t. Glock triggers are far from good unless worked on. Never ceases to amaze me how people find Glock triggers good. They suck bad compared to the other competitors. Go on the Glock forum if you want to talk Glock triggers.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    I like 2 stage triggers. I have SSA-E on a Colt MK12-Mod 0 and an LE901. I have MBT’s, and shmidt 2 stage, sig 2 stage. I am a fan of 2 stage and can shoot just as good as a single stage. I’ve run them both for time. Splits were pretty much the same and faster with longer shots. There is no right and wrong here. Some like single and some double. I’m sick of the idiots saying your 2 stage isn’t good compared to my single. That’s BS. Both are great in the right hands.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I didn't say Glock triggers are good. The MBT is far superior in feel, except that it has a long reset that isn't as easy to shoot fast.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have SSAs from their original runs back from 2007-2008 with 10s of thousands of rounds through them without issue. In my experience SSA are more reliable than mil-specs especially when dealing with hard Russian primers.

Maybe Kyle can use his Tier 1 status to expedite customer service as per the forum rules if you get a lemon part.

Nothing wrong with marketing your own product but when you have to s*** on another product to sell yours, thats a problem.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 09-29-21 at 15:32.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast