Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lamb on 1-stage vs 2-stage and problems with…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBobJoe View Post
    Thanks, I been watching Small arms solutions videos, & got LMT on my brain.
    I thought I might of had MBT wrong. Lol.
    Good call on the MBT though.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can we mention brand names of any company on here.
    I seen others reference G. So I was not sure.
    I was not trying to be cryptic. Just careful. No secret most trigger companies recommend,
    Single stage mil spec weight triggers for SD. I think it's honest of Bill G. to recommend a mil spec for all SD purpose.
    Yes, you can mention brands- even Brand G. I call it G because folks know what I mean and I can't remember the proper spelling and am tired of always looking it up.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can we mention brand names of any company on here.
    I seen others reference G. So I was not sure.
    I was not trying to be cryptic. Just careful. No secret most trigger companies recommend,
    Single stage mil spec weight triggers for SD. I think it's honest of Bill G. to recommend a mil spec for all SD purpose.
    G-triggers are simply short hand because the name is so difficult to remember how to spell correctly.

I get tired of looking it up every time I want to mention it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    …an unnamed trigger that apparently everyone assumes is Geissele.

Anyone run into doubling with an SSA or SSA-E? Or hear about military folk’s Geissele triggers breaking?

Has anyone heard any info validating his claim since he posted this video? I spoke to someone from the same place and he said he never heard anything about them breaking at all etc. Has any new info come out since he posted this video?
    “You can ignore reality, but you can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.”- Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    Interesting that this thread has come up. I posted in it that I have 16 G triggers and never had a problem. A couple of months ago, I had a G SDE start to double in a gun that had seen at least 500 trouble free rounds. I sent the trigger back to G and they claimed that there was nothing wrong with it. I have not reinstalled it. I did replace it with another G SDE I had in stock. So far the gun has not doubled with the new SDE. I suppose I should install the Doubling SDE to check it for function.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nobody mass-produces perfect product.

Tolerance stacking with ANY weapon starts the moment you change anything out with after-market -- doesn't matter if it's from Colt, FN, Geissele, Boeing, etc.

The US military pays for consistency by publishing the mil-standard, then inspects items prior to delivery. 100% or batch-sampling, either way you pay for the peace-of-mind that goes with verifiable, on-site proof testing.

Mil-spec doesn't mean the best, just tested to meet a published standard. Quality and consistency don't necessarily come from the most expensive or cheapest manufacturer -- but your odds improve if everything's tested and verified.

That usually costs money to someone -- the government, the producer, or the customer-taxpayer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc View Post
    Interesting that this thread has come up. I posted in it that I have 16 G triggers and never had a problem. A couple of months ago, I had a G SDE start to double in a gun that had seen at least 500 trouble free rounds. I sent the trigger back to G and they claimed that there was nothing wrong with it. I have not reinstalled it. I did replace it with another G SDE I had in stock. So far the gun has not doubled with the new SDE. I suppose I should install the Doubling SDE to check it for function.

Cheers, Steve
    Could have been a disco spring or junk in there.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Could have been a disco spring or junk in there.
    I agree that it could have been. However, I inspected the unit before removal and took pictures. ( now deleted) Upon removal, I again inspected the trigger unit and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. According to G, the unit was fine. They didn't find fault with the disco spring. It very well could have been a piece of something caused the problem. The fact that it had gone 500 rounds trouble free would be a clue and support that assumption. When I get time, I will install it in another lower and check it out.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc View Post
    I agree that it could have been. However, I inspected the unit before removal and took pictures. ( now deleted) Upon removal, I again inspected the trigger unit and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. According to G, the unit was fine. They didn't find fault with the disco spring. It very well could have been a piece of something caused the problem. The fact that it had gone 500 rounds trouble free would be a clue and support that assumption. When I get time, I will install it in another lower and check it out.

Cheers, Steve
    Are you able to inspect the sear and disconnector surfaces with a magnifying glass, or similar, to see if there is any peening? That would give you a clue.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Are you able to inspect the sear and disconnector surfaces with a magnifying glass, or similar, to see if there is any peening? That would give you a clue.
    I will do that. I live in 2 states. The trigger is at my AZ house. I will be back there in a couple of weeks and give it a look. Perhaps take some pictures.

Cheers, Steve

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast