Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lamb on 1-stage vs 2-stage and problems with…

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Anyone run into doubling with an SSA or SSA-E?
    Nope. At least 10K through SSA (x3), SSA-E (x1), Super-SCARs (x2).

Then again I learned to shoot with a 2 stage trigger first and prefer it.

Some people need things simple tho. Life is hard and they must be told what to do, like lemmings run off a cliff.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Because you never know when you may have to make a precision shot.
    I have no problem hitting at 300y with 11.5" + RDS (no mag) + BCM trigger + XM193.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    …an unnamed trigger that apparently everyone assumes is Geissele.

Anyone run into doubling with an SSA or SSA-E? Or hear about military folk’s Geissele triggers breaking?

Didn't watch the video yet. Personally and professionally I have not experienced, nor heard of, a G trigger breaking or malfunctioning.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coogan View Post
    Didn't watch the video yet. Personally and professionally I have not experienced, nor heard of, a G trigger breaking or malfunctioning.
    Had one for a large pin colt way back in the day. Snapped at the thinnest part of the hammer below the strike face. Able to see the grain structure, not surprising it failed.

Shoved it in a drawer for a few years doubtful anyone would believe this thing broke on it’s maiden range session. Mentioned it on a call with Geissele and they seemed to be familiar with the lot number in question. It got replaced
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 09-23-21 at 14:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Had one for a large pin colt way back in the day. Snapped at the thinnest part of the hammer below the strike face. Able to see the grain structure, not surprising it failed.

Shoved it in a drawer for a few years doubtful anyone would believe this thing broke on it’s maiden range session. Mentioned it on a call with Geissele and they seemed to be familiar with the lot number in question. It got replaced
    My post was worded incorrectly, I don't doubt that a G trigger has failed. I just have not had a personal/professional connection to one breaking.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I have no problem hitting at 300y with 11.5" + RDS (no mag) + BCM trigger + XM193.
    So....what size target and what size size groups?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I appreciate the video being shown, but I could only make it to a certain point. To use a certain trigger as a milestone when there are plenty of better and more proven triggers out there is just goofy. I like Kyle, and I know he certainly makes more money than me putting his name on things. I have nothing but the best wishes for him and his wife, I have never heard anything but positive things about them both. Business is business. I don't take or make money on my recommendations, I keep that side far away from my photography and writing.

If I were to come out with my own product line (which I've been offered a few times), I still wouldn't make much money because I would be so restrictive and selective and I would probably hurt lots of feelings. Travis and Chris used to make great impact on sales. now there are a lot of guys who do it. They all promote safe weapon handling and responsible gun ownership, so I like them all and hope they all do well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coogan View Post
    So....what size target and what size size groups?
    Not speaking for Coogan but I would consider hitting a full size IPSC target at 300 with his rig and ammo acceptable but I am not hung up on precision shooting. Triggers? I am a big fan of the Wilson TTU single stage.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I'm sorry to doubt you, Vasily Zaitsev. You're missing the point, however.

Nevermind.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Kyle Lamb on 1-stage vs 2-stage and problems with…

Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I'm sorry to doubt you, Vasily Zaitsev. You're missing the point, however.

Nevermind.
    I don’t care if you doubt me.

I’ve yet to see someone run a 2-stage as quickly and effectively as a single stage at distances that most would use (i.e. closer ranges).

You do you, booboo.
    Last edited by scooter22; 09-23-21 at 16:54.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast