Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lamb on 1-stage vs 2-stage and problems with…

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I always joke that "The key to happiness is low expectations", so maybe I'm a victim of that. All I really want is a 4-6lb trigger that's reasonably smooth and breaks consistently. I don't want it to be adjustable, don't want zero creep/zero over travel, don't want it so light I can't feel it when wearing gloves in the winter, don't want unexpected bump firing, etc.

For my uses some of the enhanced USGI (it varies from trigger to trigger within the same brand), Larue, etc work well enough. I've had several Sionics were fine and one that was heavier than I preferred. I'd undoubtedly be happy if they were all SSAs, but I bet I'll be just fine if I try the Centurion 2 stage or new FCD 2 stage. I like the SSA-E for precision rigs, but I really do feel like we can be a little too fickle for our own good sometimes.

Can anyone point to triggers that they felt were unsafe for their uses? Which uses and why?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve been shooting an ALG ACT and a Sionics single stage lately and I like it for my use. I train and shoot primarily inside of 50 yards and have red dots only.

I’ve been shooting SSAs since ‘09 and can use one fine but I’m strangely comfortable with the more stock-like trigger.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The two stage versus single stage argument is asinine. It’s straight up shooters preference. I have used the dogshit out of milspec triggers CONUS and OCONUS with zero issues. I have used SSA’s, SDC’s, PNT’s, Centurion AST’s, and MBT’s even harder here- with zero issues.

It’s when you get into lightweight triggers that you start getting retarded. Standard trigger weight has saved many an Iraqi life on the other end of my rifle. On a two way range a shoot can become a no-shoot in a split second. The ability to hang out with slack taken out of a trigger, even pressing the trigger to the rear without it immediately going off has allowed me to sleep easier at night as I age.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve never felt like the travel, first, second, or combined pull weight of an SSA offered any safety benefit once your finger was on the trigger. It’s just long and heavy enough that I’ve never doubled one, but under induced stress I have never been able to do much with the second stage. It’s just smash through it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    The two stage versus single stage argument is asinine. It’s straight up shooters preference. I have used the dogshit out of milspec triggers CONUS and OCONUS with zero issues. I have used SSA’s, SDC’s, PNT’s, Centurion AST’s, and MBT’s even harder here- with zero issues.

It’s when you get into lightweight triggers that you start getting retarded. Standard trigger weight has saved many an Iraqi life on the other end of my rifle. On a two way range a shoot can become a no-shoot in a split second. The ability to hang out with slack taken out of a trigger, even pressing the trigger to the rear without it immediately going off has allowed me to sleep easier at night as I age.
    Ding, ding, ding. And we have our Winner!
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I've had two different Geisele triggers fail on me. During rapid fire the trigger would go dead. First one I chalked up to a fluke as it was a range toy. Second time I called Geiselle, said it was the disconnect, stacking tolerances blah blah. That conversation never sat well with me, they think their stuff dont stink. They've been caught more than once doing shady stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkracka View Post
    I've had two different Geisele triggers fail on me. During rapid fire the trigger would go dead. First one I chalked up to a fluke as it was a range toy. Second time I called Geiselle, said it was the disconnect, stacking tolerances blah blah. That conversation never sat well with me, they think their stuff dont stink. They've been caught more than once doing shady stuff.
    Which G triggers failed? How was the issue resolved?

Cheers, Steve

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Pick what works for you. I like the SD-E two stage on my AR rifles.

I hunt wild pigs couple times a week at night in my pasture.

First shot or two is a silenced bolt rifle with thermal vision.

Once they scatter I turn the SxS lights on and go find and put down a couple more.

My go to gun is currently a little Banshee .45acp AR15 SBR by CMMG with a silencer.
    Most of the shots are under 75 yards on pigs under 75 pounds. Shooting .45acp gold dots are much safer when you miss and effective on body shots.

I installed a Gieselle SD-E two stage on it.

Trigger is Excellent for those “stop and look at you” shots and the “tired and slowing down” shots.
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 10-05-21 at 22:38.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Guess I'm not alone, being that I think mil spec triggers (some not all) aren't too bad, if ya get a decent LPK , or spend $40-$70 on a trigger. I also believe Mr. Bill recommends mil spec for any gun that will or may be used for defensive purpose.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    And who is Mr. Bill?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast