Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharps' Xtreme Performance bolt carrier group

Feedback Score

Sharps' Xtreme Performance bolt carrier group

Anyone have any experience with these? Wondered if they'd be any substantial improvement over a standard BCG at that price. Looks like there are various finishes/treatments:

https://www.srcarms.com/complete-AR1...-bcg-dlc-black

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Aren't these known for breaking lugs?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Don't try to reinvent the wheel.. PSA was selling Toolcraft C158 nitride BCGs for 100 bucks for the last month or 2.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Apparently they had a bad batch a while back. A lot of people like them. Not needed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The redesigned lugs of the Relia-Bolt™ virtually eliminate the most common MSR malfunction; the bolt to barrel extension jam. Haven’t cleaned your rifle? Is it out of time? The Relia-Bolt™ compensates by providing a patented camming action which guides the bolt past obstructions and into battery (U.S. Patent No. 9,863,729).
    I have never heard of this malfunction. Did they manufacture this out of whole cloth or is this an actual failure of significant occurrence outside of incorrectly assembled ARs?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I have never heard of this malfunction. Did they manufacture this out of whole cloth or is this an actual failure of significant occurrence outside of incorrectly assembled ARs?
    Ironically, that's the exact malfunction I found that a guy on arfcom had when I was searching for issues with this BCG...
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Considering lug failure is the most popular/common lug failure, I don’t see a benefit in removing what appears to be more materials from the lug.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Considering lug failure is the most popular/common lug failure, I don’t see a benefit in removing what appears to be more materials from the lug.
    But they're "EXTREME" performance at an "EXTREME" price point. I agree, hard pass from me personally.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Solution looking for a problem…

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’m scared of anything Xtreme.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast