Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National Museum of Miilitary Vehicles

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I will go back to the museum next year, I could spend at least a day checking out the tanks. They pay attention to every detail, down to shell casings next to mgs. They are restored and displayed as they were used. They have a gun truck from Vietnam that I thought I would never see in real life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    ..... Jackson is now a $38 for two eggs over easy with two strips of bacon, toast and OJ.
    Cause Your eating in the wrong places...
    https://bubbasjh.com/breakfast/

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    but now I see why John Dutton wants to keep the ranch!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    but now I see why John Dutton wants to keep the ranch!
    Been In JH for 25 years seen it change...
    Still haven't figured out a better place to live..
    Even though I don't ski as much.
    The Real World's a Scary Place...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I remember when you could park on the square and casually walk the stores with just a few other folks. How did they approve the airport? I watched an airbus take off right in front of the tetons and I was thinking how the hell did this happen.

Feedback Score
    Gate way to Yellowstone, Summer is the Busy season winter is hardcore skiers and sled necks, to hard a drive for most folks.

Airport is grandfathered in, only Commercial airport in a Nat. Park. as far as larger planes runway "safety zones or overruns(forget actual term) were paved to reduce dust/gravel etc.
    Not supposed to use for runway calculations but guess what?

Airport is shut down next spring/summer for repaving, my guess is someone will play some number games to increase runway length in the interest of safety. Never ending cycle.

Sorry for thread drift.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    On a road trip tomorrow, checking out Big Sky Country next week via Cody and West Yellowstone. On the return trip via Dubois, will spend a day at the NMMV. "ryanm" are there any armored vehicles that the museum allows visitors to climb into?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    oh man, your gonna love the tanks outside! the one’s on display in the museum are not really interactive but outside is just epic. Take the tour and ask the guide along the way, there may be some leeway. They are currently in process of restoring hundreds of tanks.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The goal for next year is to offer visitors a selection of tanks to drive!!!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    As I understand it the guy who owns the national armor museum in Danville Virginia is looking to divest his collection, he has some very rare pieces (i.e., only one in the US, etc.). Sounds like he and the guy y'all are talking about should connect.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast