Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Somebody recommend me a good rimfire scope.

Feedback Score
    Honestly I think I'm buying that Leupold 3x9 and a Timney trigger... Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Useless_Eater; 09-24-21 at 18:31.

Feedback Score
    Why do I also feel like I need a PRS rimfire setup now? You GUYS!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Why do folks use an x instead of a dash with variable power optics?

Every time I see 2x7 I know what the users mean, but my OCD says 2x zoom with 7mm objective lens.

Ugh... Life with OCD ain't easy, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post

Every time I see 2x7 I know what the users mean, but my OCD says 2x zoom with 7mm objective lens.

I'm a photographer as well, who knows better and understands lenses.

At least I didn't write 2x7x33?

ETA: I see I didn't default to doing it incorrectly. Never mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bushnell Elites seem to keep popping up new old stock and are really good deals.

I have a pawn shop or 2 near me that gets in used accessories including good quality scopes and often sell cheap so that may be worth checking around for in your area.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I will say from experience that even a modest 2-7 or 3-9 rimfire scope will be much clearer/crisper than your 4X Tasco.

There are really 3 things to decide: magnification, adjustable or fixed parallax, and cost. What you do with the gun kind of drives all 3.

Most of the manufacturers make a rimfire scope and Leupold certainly used to change parallax on their scopes.

If you are not shooting itty bitty groups with your Ruger, a 2-7 or 3-9 Leupold rimfire scope is not a bad choice and it is (kind of) made in the USA.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-25-21 at 08:05.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post

It will really get your OCD going when you realize that most of the rest use hyphens instead of en dashes!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I will say from experience that even a modest 2-7 or 3-9 rimfire scope will be much clearer/crisper than your 4X Tasco.

There are really 3 things to decide: magnification, adjustable or fixed parallax, and cost. What you do with the gun kind of drives all 3.

Most of the manufacturers make a rimfire scope and Leupold certainly used to change parallax on their scopes.

If you are not shooting itty bitty groups with your Ruger, a 2-7 or 3-9 Leupold rimfire scope is not a bad choice and it is (kind of) made in the USA.

Andy
    Am I the only one who thinks adjustable parallax is useless on anything other than a dedicated target gun?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks adjustable parallax is useless on anything other than a dedicated target gun?
    You get a 2nd here. I only own one scope with adjustable parallax and am lucky to think of it 50% of the time target shooting so reasonably sure deer hunting use would get that up to 100% forgetting.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I would certainly rather have a modestly priced but good quality fixed parallax rimfire scope than a modestly priced and modest quality scope with adjustable parallax.

Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast