Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Movies That Changed Everything...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I agree NOW & for the last saw 10-15 years wholeheartedly.
    But, brother you are wrong, in general. There have been MANY movies that impacted America, even the world, whether I agreed with or liked or hated them.
    The Day After is one. 1983 flick about nuclear war.
    The Stand...original version.
    ROOTS...started a bunch of shit when it aired.
    JAWS...man it took YEARS for beaches & resorts to fully recover from that flick. The first year or so NOBODY went to the beach.
    The Excorcist. Damn. If you werent alive then, aint NO explaining how that move scared the absolute SHIT out of people. America lost its mind over it. You just had to have been there, it was crazy.
    Close Encounters. ANOTHER mania making flick...you couldnt turn around what someone was seeing aliens and ufo's and gettin abducted, ect. It flat tripped people out.
    Legend of Boggy Creek...same thing except with Bigfoot. BF here, there...errwhere for years after.
    The Godfather...nuff said.
    DEEP THROAT. Again, nuff said.
    There are several more from the days of old when actors just acted and kept their pie holes shit, and studios made great films.
    LONG GONE are those days.
    This was also an era when films like The Godfather were in theaters for something like two years.

I think I saw Star Wars in the theater six times, but that might have been over several months. It played in first run theaters forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I watched a Directors cut of Godfater III last night.
    It's a much better cut than what most of us have seen. I believe it's called "Michalle Corleone Coda".
    Made much more sense, much better film overall.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    It's a much better cut than what most of us have seen. I believe it's called "Michalle Corleone Coda".
    Couldn’t be much worse...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Back in the early 90s my mother won a Godfather package in a raffle. She could not care less about the movie, so she gave it to me. On VHS, all three movies, a separate VHS with interviews and behind the scenes stuff, and the MC Coda. It also came with the novel and a book about making the movie. I agree, the director's cut for III was MUCH better, but I loved the first and second movie by a long shot.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678