Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W (Partially) Leaves MA

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

S&W (Partially) Leaves MA

About damn time. Why any gun manufacturer would stay in the NE being treated like criminals, while they employ people, pay high taxes, etc. is a mystery to me. That's a bunch of jobs, tax revenue, etc MA loses due to driving a solid company out of the state. I said that when I did my short stint as an adjunct trainer for the training academy too.

Smith & Wesson to Relocate Headquarters to Tennessee
    September 30, 2021

Move includes headquarters and significant portion of operations due to changing business climate for firearms
    manufacturing in Massachusetts

SPRINGFIELD, Mass., Sept. 30, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select: SWBI), one of the nation's oldest
    firearms manufacturers, announced today that it is moving its headquarters and significant elements of its operations to Maryville, Tennessee in 2023. Smith & Wesson has been based in Springfield, Massachusetts since the company was incorporated in 1852.

https://ir.smith-wesson.com/node/16831/pdf
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-30-21 at 15:38.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    As a former subject of that wretched state.... good for them!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    As a former subject of that wretched state.... good for them!

I left approx 6 years ago from People's Republic of MA.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Revere right? I used to work the Ambulance there. I moved to Free Hampshire and never looked back.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Revere right? I used to work the Ambulance there. I moved to Free Hampshire and never looked back.

Me, Metro West. I went school in NH, and one thing I knew, when/if I moved, would not be one mile north. That cold/dark chit for 6 months is not for me
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Passed through Maryville going to Cades Cove a couple months back. Good for them!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Me, Metro West. I went school in NH, and one thing I knew, when/if I moved, would not be one mile north. That cold/dark chit for 6 months is not for me
    Bedford here!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I hope they stop the asinine hole in the side. I like S&W revolvers, even the new ones but will never buy one with the hole in the side. Never owned one and won't.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    They are not ceasing operations in Taxachusetts.

Read the press release:
    " - The facility in Springfield, Massachusetts will be reconfigured but will remain operational.
    - Smith & Wesson will keep some of its manufacturing operations in Springfield, Massachusetts, including all forging,
    machining, metal finishing, and assembly of revolvers, and will continue to have over 1,000 employees in the state...."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    They are not ceasing operations in Taxachusetts.

Read the press release:
    " - The facility in Springfield, Massachusetts will be reconfigured but will remain operational.
    - Smith & Wesson will keep some of its manufacturing operations in Springfield, Massachusetts, including all forging,
    machining, metal finishing, and assembly of revolvers, and will continue to have over 1,000 employees in the state...."
    Not yet, as no doubt they will test the waters, study logistics, train up workers, see who is willing to re locate, etc and see the viability of it. I have little doubt that's the intent.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast