Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Weird COVID incident that happened personally.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quick question - can the AB test tell if you've actually had Covid after you've had the vaccine?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    You can get an antibody test ordered through Labcorp if you have one near you. I am going in tomorrow to have another one done. You go on their website and fill out a quick form and then they have a partner doctor write the script for you if needed in your state for $10. You can also go to your primary doctor to get the script and have the test done at Labcorp. I am in Pa and they require a script for the test, I don't think all states do though

I tested positive last November and have been getting the antibody tests periodically to see if I still have them. it has been almost 1 year and as of July they are still showing on the test.

I will update when the results come back if anyone is interested. Tested positive 11/23/20 I believe. Had milder symptoms. No coughing or fever, but did have headache, fatigue, cold sweats and lost taste/smell for a week.
    Just added FYI, those AB tests are non specific and simply tell you the person was exposed to covid at some point, with obvious caveat of potential for false +/-. It does not tell you how robust your immunity is to getting it again, and that's where an ongoing debate exists. What are the precise immune correlates of protection (1) are, is what's being figured out. That is, precisely which immune cells (RE, B memory cells, various T cells, etc) and in what numbers, are responsible for robust protection has not been fully elucidated. Data does suggest those with ABs have some protection from future covid infection, but it ranges from minimal to excellent, and that depends on how robust your response was too the infection, time, etc.

As mentioned other threads, I personally know a handful of people who had covid, had pos AB tests, assumed they were GTG with natural immunity, got very ill from delta. One lucky to be alive:

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/08/2...d-vaccination/

(1) https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...20.569611/full
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-27-21 at 13:50.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang77 View Post
    Quick question - can the AB test tell if you've actually had Covid after you've had the vaccine?
    Yes, it should. Vaccine immunity is actually a different test, much more specific. My understanding is, typical AB test can tell you if you were exposed to covid separate from vaccine specific immunity.

I have not looked into it beyond surface details.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Another weird COVID experience that just happened. My wife’s OB/GYN asked if she has been vaccinated for COVID and she answered truthfully. Her OB advised that they are not doing mammograms for at least 6 months post final shot due to unusually high false alerts where their imagery is picking up blood clots as areas of concern in mammograms after the shots. I found that incredibly odd because in MY physical, the Dr gave me a whole line about how I needed the shot. I think I’m going to talk with my wife about AB testing ourselves and our two kids. I really want to deep dive actual medical research now, not what I can find via “Google”.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    In on this. My Grandmother got it, and I sat right next to her in the car and at church the Sunday after she actually contracted it. I found out the next Friday that she tested positive, so I took a test that very evening and it came back negative.

I took one the following Friday before leaving town for the weekend because maybe I just got through the incubation period, and I was feeling more tired than normal, and still negative. Found out that same Friday as my second test, my sales guy was within 2 feet of me for over an hour working on some pricing, he tested positive that Monday, so again I waited a week and took a test, still negative.

I need to look into getting my antibodies checked like has been mentioned here, but I just strongly feel like that much exposure I would have already gotten it? I don't know. I know it's not something to **** with.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel556 View Post
    . I found that incredibly odd because in MY physical, the Dr gave me a whole line about how I needed the shot.
    The very first ICU Dr. I met(think he only met me the 1 time) started out with "vaccine is our best tool against this" which may(or equally may not) be fact, but for sure is 3 months away from being possible.

Things that were still in play that weekend as possibilities such as infusion therapy, hydroxychloriquin, ivermectin, and so on(all of which may or may not work, just like the vaccine) never got mentioned or even hinted at.

Once again, find out treatment options available to you before you get sick(if/when it hits you won't be thinking at 100%) along with your own plans for being able to access those treatments because you are not guaranteed of a given hospital's physicians having interest in options for your treatment.

Feedback Score
    My options, in Illinois appear to be whatever the hospital decides because ivermectin is being fought by them, and I haven’t head of any reports that monoclonal therapy has been administered either. Honestly, I probably should have had a plan but I haven’t been too worried because I really think this went through our house 2 years ago.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubber3 View Post
    I was around 5 people for at least 3 days that all tested positive the following day. These are family members. All 5 were pcr tests with 3 of those also testing positive with a rapid test as well.

2 of these family members were my small kids. After snuggles, kisses, hugs... it doesn't make sense.

This is strange.

I'm not vaccinated btw. I was sick as I could be early last year (early Feb 2020) but was told it was the flu
    That was before there were subsidies for each COVID diagnosis. Slightly joking, but definite sarcasm.

But, things were still a bit undetermined as to a public attempt at an approach until later in March.
    Last edited by jethroUSMC; 09-29-21 at 20:48.

Feedback Score
    So I actually just had a road trip with 3 coworkers of mine. First trip for us since beginning of 2020. We were talking about this because we were going to another office for our company to do some prep work for a product launch and in the course of a 5 hour drive the wuflu came up. We discussed the vaccines, antibodies, and natural immunity. All of us worked on the same floor of the building where I did when I previously mentioned my sick coworker earlier in this thread. All 3 of my coworkers have had direct family test positive with symptoms but none of them ever had a positive test and we’ve all had multiple tests due to direct exposures now. Then we discussed this and we only know of one person on the floor (of 200 workers) who definitely had it. Our direct groups worked with our one previously mentioned coworker that was sick in late 2019. The rest of the carload were totally convinced my theory of our “patient 0” brought it to our office well before this all blew up and we all had definite symptoms of whatever this guy spread and that’s why only one person on the floor actually got a positive test.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Review of 2020 vs. 2021 numbers and other info.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast