Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird COVID incident that happened personally.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Weird COVID incident that happened personally.

I've been spending an hour a week getting a guitar lesson from the same guy for over a year. He's a Good Fella'.
    So he comes down with covid and I start wondering WTF, because once a week like clock work we're sitting 2 feet apart, playing guitar and occasionally sharing a mike.
    So chances are, following the incubation period and everything, I've been exposed numerous times while he was unknowingly brewing up some COVOD.
    Not a symptom.

I always thought I was exposed early in the game. I never felt so bad that it interruppted my day, but...
    What do I need to do to check my exposure to the antibodies?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I've been spending an hour a week getting a guitar lesson from the same guy for over a year. He's a Good Fella'.
    So he comes down with covid and I start wondering WTF, because once a week like clock work we're sitting 2 feet apart, playing guitar and occasionally sharing a mike.
    So chances are, following the incubation period and everything, I've been exposed numerous times while he was unknowingly brewing up some COVOD.
    Not a symptom.

I always thought I was exposed early in the game. I never felt so bad that it interruppted my day, but...
    You go get an anti body test. Some states require a doc to order it, some don't.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Same here. Heavy exposure, no covid. 2 tests came back negative. What gives?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Not a symptom.

Get blood work done. I don't think insurance covers it but last I checked it was less than $100. That's the only 100% way to know if you caught it and got antibodies. Anything else is just speculation

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubber3 View Post
    Same here. Heavy exposure, no covid. 2 tests came back negative. What gives?
    Which tests? Also very possible you weren't exposed. I know a few families where one person got sick and the other didn't. Happens. Even early on in this where all those people were sick on the cruise boat there was one guy whom they kept isolated for like a month. He had mild symptoms but wouldn't stop shedding the virus. His wife never caught it even though they shared the same bed and same small room. Both were in their late 60s

Feedback Score
    I think this is where are the Nobel prize comes out of this whole thing. The people got this and the people who didn’t get it and the people that didn’t pass it on are just crazy random. But it’s science and it’s not crazy random. There Hass to be a reason why. It is amazing that this far and we really don’t have a good grasp on how this thing is transmitted.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    My wife is going to get rapid tested this morning. She has the runs and a 102+ temperature. She is an RN.

If she is positive then I am probably obliged to go get one also, even though (as yet) I don't feel bad. Did have some nasal congestion/sneezing/scratchy throat yesterday at work but I also have seasonal allergies, and this is the biggest time of year for me in that regard. I too work in a hospital and if I am positive, even if asymptomatic, it would be rather unethical of me to be around patients and shedding virus.

Of course work is kinda funny about this stuff: I'll guarantee you if she is positive but I don't feel sick they wouldn't want me to get tested, because then I'd have to quarantine for ~ 10 days if I popped positive. They'd rather stick their heads in the sand and pretend I don't have it because they need bodies, even though this is a hospital and they should know better. It's a hypocritical dichotomy, a sham.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 09-25-21 at 09:12.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Which tests? Also very possible you weren't exposed. I know a few families where one person got sick and the other didn't. Happens. Even early on in this where all those people were sick on the cruise boat there was one guy whom they kept isolated for like a month. He had mild symptoms but wouldn't stop shedding the virus. His wife never caught it even though they shared the same bed and same small room. Both were in their late 60s

One rapid test followed by a pcr test. Both negative. 5 days later, another pcr test. Again negative. Strange virus this is.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I think this is where are the Nobel prize comes out of this whole thing. The people got this and the people who didn’t get it and the people that didn’t pass it on are just crazy random. But it’s science and it’s not crazy random. There Hass to be a reason why. It is amazing that this far and we really don’t have a good grasp on how this thing is transmitted.
    Immune correlates of protection for covid is major focus in research right now for obvious reasons. The specific reasons children rarely get seriously ill from covid has been elusive. This paper suggests the difference with children via enhanced interferon production and innate immunity priming key immune cells in the upper airways to better sense viruses. What’s really astounding is Covid is able to directly suppress IFN production, allowing it to replicate before host immune defenses can respond. There’s a relationship to GSH, and a number of studies finding benefits to the use of NAC + interferon therapies enhanced interferon suppressed GSH production. I’m still trying to connect dots here, but seems an important area to pursue and better understand. There’s studies demonstrating benefits of IFN treatment with covid also, but I suspect timing – as early as possible in diagnosed infection – is key to obtaining best responses. An excellent paper RE, timing of IFN for benefits in COVID (1) is also found below.

Interestingly, one can raise their interferon by increasing core temp via sauna, hot baths, etc, and one reason the body responds with a fever to viral challenges.

Pre-activated antiviral innate immunity in the upper airways controls early SARS-CoV-2 infection in children

Abstract
    Children have reduced severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection rates and a substantially lower risk for developing severe coronavirus disease 2019 compared with adults. However, the molecular mechanisms underlying protection in younger age groups remain unknown. Here we characterize the single-cell transcriptional landscape in the upper airways of SARS-CoV-2-negative (n = 18) and age-matched SARS-CoV-2-positive (n = 24) children and corresponding samples from adults (n = 44), covering an age range of 4 weeks to 77 years. Children displayed higher basal expression of relevant pattern recognition receptors such as MDA5 (IFIH1) and RIG-I (DDX58) in upper airway epithelial cells, macrophages and dendritic cells, resulting in stronger innate antiviral responses upon SARS-CoV-2 infection than in adults. We further detected distinct immune cell subpopulations including KLRC1 (NKG2A)+ cytotoxic T cells and a CD8+ T cell population with a memory phenotype occurring predominantly in children. Our study provides evidence that the airway immune cells of children are primed for virus sensing, resulting in a stronger early innate antiviral response to SARS-CoV-2 infection than in adults.

Full paper:
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41587-021-01037-9

(1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8287298/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    We have had folks at work where one spouse had Covid and one was fine. Much more common one has milder or the same symptoms, of course.

Andy

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast