Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird COVID incident that happened personally.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    So you didn't catch it. Why is that strange.

Or..

The other person wasn't actually sick. Lots of people walking around saying they THINK they had it

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I was around 5 people for at least 3 days that all tested positive the following day. These are family members. All 5 were pcr tests with 3 of those also testing positive with a rapid test as well.

2 of these family members were my small kids. After snuggles, kisses, hugs... it doesn't make sense.

This is strange.

I'm not vaccinated btw. I was sick as I could be early last year (early Feb 2020) but was told it was the flu
    Last edited by Scrubber3; 09-25-21 at 11:57.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubber3 View Post
    I was around 5 people for at least 3 days that all tested positive the following day. These are family members. All 5 were pcr tests with 3 of those also testing positive with a rapid test as well.

2 of these family members were my small kids. After snuggles, kisses, hugs... it doesn't make sense.

This is strange.
    If I was in charge of this fiasco, those people in close contact who didn't get sick hold the key to this.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    If I was in charge of this fiasco, those people in close contact who didn't get sick hold the key to this.
    I'd rather not be picked and prodded if that's what you're insinuating.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I dunno, to me it is strange because we're in such close proximity that it doesn't make sense for me not to have had it.
    I've kind of anticipated catching it, not a chance.
    Thinking about it I was in the same room close proximity with him for two possibly three times over the three weeks he had it and was incubating the virus internally.
    2 guys I worked with had this. First guy got sick, didn't do any distancing at home and neither his kid nor his wife got it. Second guy, his wife got sick and he stayed home taking care of their infant. Neither him nor the kid got it. They live in an apartment so it's hard to distance in 500sq ft with one one bathroom.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I got pretty sick last year and my wife and daughter never got it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hahaha!
    You'll need a UHaul.
    Hope you are doing ok and nice to hear about the lessons. I'm set with guitars, amps and gear. DG23 can inherit Maybe should bring back the guitar thread..

A neighbor and good friend just passed away from covid, his buddy did too. Another neighbor, a grandfather had a clean bill of health before the 2nd jab and died the day after the 2nd. Grandson in the same family passed away from clots in the same month. Tragic stuff.
    Last edited by jmp45; 09-25-21 at 20:16.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I had COVID last December. Only major symptom was loss of taste and smell for a considerable amount of time (including still not having some sense of smell). My wife and kids either got it and were asymptomatic or never contracted it. Strange.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    On the flip side, I had dinner with a couple last night that the wife has now has tested positive for COVID three times and the husband still hasn't caught it. Two times she was unvaccinated. Then she had a break through infection last month within 45 days of her second Phizer shot. She said her symptoms after the vaccine were just as bad as the first two times. She was down for about 2 weeks each time, but no hospital.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubber3 View Post

This is strange.

I'm not vaccinated btw. I was sick as I could be early last year (early Feb 2020) but was told it was the flu
    See bold. Same here. My mother and grandmother both caught whatever I had as well. Worst junk in my life. Stupid high fever (103.5), coughing for 3-4 weeks, chills, worst muscle and joint aches I've ever felt for 2 weeks. It outright sucked. Since then I've had no major sicknesses; not even the sinus infection that normally rolls around with seasonal allergies.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    See bold. Same here. My mother and grandmother both caught whatever I had as well. Worst junk in my life. Stupid high fever (103.5), coughing for 3-4 weeks, chills, worst muscle and joint aches I've ever felt for 2 weeks. It outright sucked. Since then I've had no major sicknesses; not even the sinus infection that normally rolls around with seasonal allergies.
    I had similar Dec 2020, and 95% sure it was covid. The early tests where not very accurate and I tested negative. I wanna get a AB test one of these days and see if I had been exposed. I knew a bunch of people around that time that had this mysterious super flu, and I still think it was covid.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast