Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your FIRST shot gun?

Feedback Score
    Benelli Nova. Always shot well with it and hated the "rattle-ey" forend.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IALoder View Post
    Benelli Nova. Always shot well with it and hated the "rattle-ey" forend.
    Just this morning a friend was telling me he wanted to get a relatively inexpensive 12ga pump that he could beat the piss out of and not feel bad. I told him to get a Benelli Nova and that he could use it for a boat oar if he needed and not cry like he would with his nice pretty doubles.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Just this morning a friend was telling me he wanted to get a relatively inexpensive 12ga pump that he could beat the piss out of and not feel bad. I told him to get a Benelli Nova and that he could use it for a boat oar if he needed and not cry like he would with his nice pretty doubles.
    Funny you should say that... A buddy and I actually did use it as an oar.... Got us back to the ramp. Cleaned and oiled it when I got home, and kept on going with no problems.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    "First shotgun" is a vague description. In the south, shotguns are passed down to boys like jewelry is to girls.

So to answer your question with a question:
    Do you mean the first one I ever shot? H&R single shot/break barrel 12 ga using bird shot to shoot a cotton tail rabbit from a stand/rack on top of a 1975 GMC k1500

Do you mean the first one I ever "owned" because it was passed down to me? Rem 870 wingmaster. I bought a 18.5" barrel for it and +2 mag expension. Kind of HD'd it while I was in my 20's. Still have it today and can use it for either HD or wing shooting.

Do you mean the first one I ever bought? Well, I didn't really buy it; I won it at a work function raffle. Benelli SBE 2 comfortech stock. That one has been beat to crap in duck blinds and riding in the back of pickup trucks while dove hunting. Still runs like a champ.

Come to think of it, I have never bought a shotgun in my life. I'm 41 years old.
    Last edited by matemike; 04-15-22 at 23:43.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    My first was a Magtech 586.

Feedback Score
    H&R Topper Jr 20Ga. From KMart $45

Old guy here ….

H

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine was a bare bones 870 Express. I still have it..smoked a couple thousand clays, lots of ducks, partridge, a few turkey and deer.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Prolly a 16g Browning from my pops. Otherwise a Benelli 12g Nova.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Single bbl. 12 ga. with external hammer and a Damascus barrel. Fired over 350 rounds on first dove hunt in Eastern Oregon. Was black and blue for a week, but at least the gun didn't blow up!

Feedback Score
    Remington 870 express 20ga

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast