Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looked horrible at the local Sportmans Warehouse yesterday

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't go into gun stores. But our IT guy here says ammo is starting to sit on the shelves. And he got some 300 Worthless for $16 per box of 20 rounds.
    That’s cheap for .300 Win Mag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Looked horrible at the local Sportmans Warehouse yesterday

Local Academy had all the 9mm you cared to carry in stock. Almost a pallet full, and another pallet of 5.56. Full-power cartridges in stock were about a dozen varieties of .308 Win and two boxes of 6mm Creedmoor. No .30-06, .270, or any of the other American “staples”.

No components besides 45s and .224s and some really big stuff that doesn’t sell around here like .375s.

Last edited by mRad; 09-28-21 at 14:51.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    That is a biggy because Cabela's went from fairly awesome on the stuff I was in to more(shooting, camping/hiking, and hunting) than Bass Pro and the BP buy out really screwed Cabelas selection for the first couple years and it really never has came back.

Come to think of it, that goes for non-high end and non hunting/fishing clothes too. Cabela's had stuff that fit well and had a decent durability to cost ratio for me that BP torpedoed.
    Back in the day Cabela’s brand gear was good quality stuff at a good price. I liked their hunting and camping gear along with their outdoor clothing.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    I can't recall the last time I purchased any ammo at a local store,MAYBE 7 years ago, if not longer. Online purchase/delivery easier and cheaper.
    With you 100% on that one. Used to stop in regularly and would on occasion buy reloading gear / tools but most times any bigger purchases were made online due to prices being much cheaper.

Just surprised to see things so different (bare) after not visiting for a few years.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Back in the day Cabela’s brand gear was good quality stuff at a good price. I liked their hunting and camping gear along with their outdoor clothing.
    AGREED 100%! Their outdoor clothing was fantastic! I’m still using lightweight, breathable rain gear I must’ve gotten 20 years ago or more, as well as wool (outside shell, inside insulated) clothing, in the ‘Treebark’ pattern no less!
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    That’s cheap for .300 Win Mag!
    No 300 Worthless = 300 Blackout.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lol. It's nice to not be the only who thinks that way about 300 AAC.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    It’s a great round. Subs and supers in one rifle and actually not a POS in a short barrel.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Love it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    It’s a great round. Subs and supers in one rifle and actually not a POS in a short barrel.
    It's a whole different debate. It's got a very narrow and awesome niche for Special Forces who can benefit from sub sonic on the same M4 receiver/mag platform. But I tried it in my realm, and it sucked for my shooting. I don't even run a can on my house gun in 5.56... so the sub sonic romance isn't my thing. And it totally blows at any sort of distance shooting... and that's what FUN to me. Reaching out and hitting targets. 300 really bombs at any distance compared to 5.56.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast