Thread: 1301 LE from Arms Unlimited

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

1301 LE from Arms Unlimited

I ended up purchasing one of these last month. I wasn't crazy about the pistol grip stock, as I usually have a hard time reaching the safety since I have short t-rex arms. I was assured by AU that these are Gen 2.
    https://www.armsunlimited.com/Berett...131tp18nle.htm
    I finally got a chance to field strip and clean it, as well as swap the safety since I'm a lefty. All went well until reassembly time. The receiver extension/stock mount threads were buggered up from whomever installed the stock and cross threaded the nut. No problem, I'm a mechanic and have tons of tools. Wrong. Super weird 8mmx1 thread. I fixed it with a thread file and was able to clean it up "good enough" to get it back together. I think I'll mount the standard stock eventually. Not sure I like the pistol grip stock. Be cautious with the threads, I'm not sure how much Beretta charges for these "rods", but they may be expensive.
    Lastly, mine came with the polymer top rail. I was under the impression that the Gen 2 has aluminum rails. Hope this may help somebody in the future.

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I got one of these from them as well, and mine has the aluminum top rail. Seems to be a Gen 2 from what I can tell...

Feedback Score
    You will probably end up replacing the top rail with an Aridus Industries CROM anyway.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    You will probably end up replacing the top rail with an Aridus Industries CROM anyway.
    I'd like to, but they are constantly out of stock. I signed up for stock notifications, got the email, and by the time I clicked it they were out of stock again....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I'd like to, but they are constantly out of stock. I signed up for stock notifications, got the email, and by the time I clicked it they were out of stock again....
    I'm in the same boat. In the meantime, i picked up a Mesa Tactical 6 shell holder, that actually replaces the top rail. I'm running a Vortex Venom on the rail, and I haven't felt like it's too high, since the pistol grip stock has an adjustable cheek height. It has worked well while i wait for a CROM

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OP,
    Can you confirm it’s a Gen 2?
    Does it have a choke tube? AU states it does not.
    Is the factory latch for the shell release the new design?
    AU pictures look like gen 2 but their description sounds like a gen 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    OP,
    Can you confirm it’s a Gen 2?
    Does it have a choke tube? AU states it does not.
    Is the factory latch for the shell release the new design?
    AU pictures look like gen 2 but their description sounds like a gen 1.
    I'm not the OP, but bought the same gun from the same place in a similar timeframe. Mine does have the newer design shell release latch, and has the aluminum top rail, but does not accept chokes. In doing some research though, it sounds like the LE specific model, even in Gen 2, doesn't take chokes. The Gen 2 1301 tactical does, but not the LE version. Not sure if that's accurate or not.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I emailed AU before I purchased and they told me they are gen 2.
    I don't know enough to tell you on the latch.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for posting this. Arms unlimited is always advertising for their model with the pistol gripped stock. If I bought one to have a second 1301 I would want to replace the pistol gripped stock with the Aridus adaptor to allow me to use a magpul stock. Having a pistol gripped stock that was poorly installed would make it not worthwhile. Luckily now Beretta is releasing a US made 1301 that comes with the extended mag.