Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally get to post about my latest 20” rifle

Feedback Score
    so is that rear sight designed to be used with an appropriately milled out receiver? or was it a design or modification of your own?

i guess more specifically, is this something that's "a thing," in high power?
    why so serious?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman William View Post
    so is that rear sight designed to be used with an appropriately milled out receiver? or was it a design or modification of your own?

i guess more specifically, is this something that's "a thing," in high power?
    Good question and I definitely will not pretend to be an expert on the matter because I’m am not. I’m been shooting the sport for approximately 3 years now and optics have pretty much wiped out irons for most shooters. But I believe the extra elevation is mainly a thing on carry handle sights to give the same height adjustment as an A2 rear sight. I think the ones sold by WOA and maybe CLE had the extended threads. The pins are to keep the sight straight throughout its entire elevation adjustment. They also used hooded apertures that accepted lenses to better focus the irons. I bought this one from a seller on the National Match website. I only milled the receiver to accept the sight.
    Hopefully someone will correct me if I missed anything.

Feedback Score
    Here is a few targets I shot yesterday. I feel as though it could’ve done much better. The crosshairs completely blocked the bull so I was left basically trying to quarter the target. This was solely using bipod and shoulder, no bag. The bag pictured was too short so I ditched it. 55gr with ARComp seems to be a good load for it. The hornady 68’s with R15 seemed ok, but you can noticed my eyes burning out from the first group of 68’s to the last lol.

Last edited by DixieGuns; 10-17-21 at 07:07.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'd be happy with those groups, given the circumstances.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    I'd be happy with those groups, given the circumstances.
    I probably stretched it with the “much better” line lol. I am most definitely satisfied with it. Especially the 55gr. That’s the first time I shoot those from it. They will work great for their intended purpose of eradicating armadillos.
    It definitely outshot my capabilities. The 1-4 may be soon replaced with a 1-10
    Last edited by DixieGuns; 10-17-21 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    yea... nearly 1MOA with iron sights, unsupported.. your rifle obviously shoots better than you do, and you obviously shoot well.
    why so serious?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieGuns View Post
    I probably stretched it with the “much better” line lol. I am most definitely satisfied with it. Especially the 55gr. That’s the first time I shoot those from it. They will work great for their intended purpose of eradicating armadillos.
    It definitely outshot my capabilities. The 1-4 may be soon replaced with a 1-10
    Yup, looks like it like the lite bullets. Good shooting buddy!
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman William View Post
    yea... nearly 1MOA with iron sights, unsupported.. your rifle obviously shoots better than you do, and you obviously shoot well.
    Yeah. I have to agree -- on a target like this, obviously you win -- and the other guy's going to have a very bad day!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Very nice build and pretty decent groups for 4x. I just cannot shoot itty bitty groups without more magnification and would expect your group size to shrink a bit with a 10X optic.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I decided to put an optic on it with a little more pizzazz. I took it out to the range today and was pretty happy with it

Worst group was 80gr smk’s and R15

Best group was AR COMP and 75 gr HBTHP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast