Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spartacus Covid letter that has gone viral.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Scientific rigor like the fake HCQ study published in the Lancet?

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/04...k-trump-inbox/

Scientific rigor like the source "investigation" conducted by the WHO where they claimed no Wuhan lab leak?

How about the Ivermectin study that was retracted purportedly showing it as ineffective? Is that the Science you want us to trust?

I know, it MUST be the science behind the false narrative claiming Ivermectin doses are too high to be effective and safe?

I'm betting its NOT the science behind the reports that Ivermectin is Horse medicine and stupid people take it because they are too stupid to know better.

Want me to continue?

Your "science" argument is complete bullshit at this point, the sad truth is that it always has been as its only as good as the money funding it.
    Yeah when an ivermectin study is shown to be fraudulent I would expect it to be retracted. You’re letting your emotions get in the way of facts. That’s how liberals think.

There has also been no well designed study showing any benefits of HCQ but there have been ones showing no benefits over a placebo.

I don’t give a damn about the politics and who hurts who with what, I care about well done research over anecdotes and dumbass conspiracy theory that this audience seems to get off on. I would LOVE for ivermectin to work for covid. I would LOVE for HCQ to work for covid. I’d love any cheap medicine to work for covid and right now, every treatment we have (besides monoclonal antibodies) is incredibly cheap, it’s just not as effective as we’d hope. However, until we have actual good data showing ivermectin or HCQ works better than a placebo it’s just as valid as a placebo.

I’m going to take a wild guess here but I’m guessing you don’t actually understand how to interpret scientific literature. I’m also guessing you don’t know what an in vitro study is and why it’s useless when saying ivermectin works against covid while in vitro without actual human trials. Maybe take the advice that was so prevalent on this forum about firearms and shut your mouth when you have no experience or education with the topic at hand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    Do you know how to interpret a scientific study? Do you know how the design of the experiment can impact the statistics and determine if something is relevant? Do you even understand statistical inference? Do you know what a meta analysis is? Do you know what to look for in a meta to understand if it has pitfalls? Do you know how to look at a meta to determine if the statistics were calculated properly?

No? Then stop acting like you actually understand how scientific research works and go back to changing someone’s oil.

Good luck with your Booster shots bro.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Children if you do not behave I will send you to th corner for a timeout.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No offense but it’s clear you do not understand statistics and how it relates to scientific studies. That’s fine, most people on this planet do not understand it because they don’t need to. It is INCREDIBLY important to scientific research though and can take the result of a study saying one thing and completely nullify it if done incorrectly. Just the design of an experiment without proper statistical considerations in mind can make it utterly worthless. Then doing a meta analysis without a proper understanding of statistics, or the ability to construct a proper meta analysis including understanding when to include/exclude studies, can produce results that are completely the opposite of reality.

This is why there are bad studies out there that produce misinformation. People read the abstract, ignore the methods, results, and discussion because they can’t understand them, and then act like they have newfound knowledge. Yes you can certainly lie with data but when you have to publish your data and your methods you can’t hide from people who actually understand statistics and scientific research.

With proper research you can easily prove or disprove your purple pimp hat example. If you just use anecdotes or bad research then you might be able to make a nonsensical argument like you outlined.

This is the problem with scientific misinformation like the OP is riddled with. Whoever wrote that is obviously targeting a scientific illiterate audience that thrives on conspiracy theories and a mistrust of the establishment and uses enough big words to sound scientific. Other people read it with no ability of interpret research and make false conclusions.
    The purple pimp hat promoter scenario is simply a liar as shown their demands of others and their subsequent behavior indicating the fear they promoted is a fear they don't believe.

Would you care to elaborate on the statistic model you would use to dispute the purple pimp hat promoter clearly not believing what they want to force on others? I know the job prevented you from destroying each point of the opening post earlier, but it appears the end of the business day rolled around.

Feedback Score
    I think what Life's a Hillary is trying to say is, we all have to take the shot or it doesn't work.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Forgetting all else, who would roll the dice on a vaccine rushed through developed by the culture of mediocrity that blew up 2 space shuttles and can't make a decent automobile in the past 50 years?? Eff that!!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Over 3000 doctors and scientist sign declaration accusing Covid policy makers of crimes against humanity. https://amgreatness.com/2021/09/24/o...inst-humanity/
    Last edited by ToeCutter; 09-28-21 at 17:37.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeCutter View Post
    I think what Life's a Hillary is trying to say is, we all have to take the shot or it doesn't work.
    Nah, I’m trying to say you aren’t capable of even discerning what is and isn’t misinformation, which your post is, because you’re an auto tech and don’t comprehend basic scientific literature

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeCutter View Post
    Over 3000 doctors and scientist sign declaration accusing Covid policy makers of crimes against humanity. https://amgreatness.com/2021/09/24/o...inst-humanity/
    I'm sure they don't understand statistics, nor how to interpret scientific studies though so it doesn't count, right? /sarc

Feedback Score
    Nah, I’m trying to say you aren’t capable of even discerning what is and isn’t misinformation, which your post is, because you’re an auto tech and don’t comprehend basic scientific literature
    So tell us more about your choice of screen name and your join date?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast