Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What's the consensus on gas tubes that restrict flow?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    What buffer should I select? Running an H3 right now, but obviously want to get that down. H2 sound good? Iirc that's what Crane specified for use with the CQBR uppers.
    Between H1 and H2, I don’t think it matters that much once the port is choked down. The same port size will likely run both. I would personally choose H1; you can always go up or down from there. Many here advocate for the H2. Either are fine, IMO. I smear a tiny bit of Griffin Horse Jipe high temp anti-seize on the tube and gas block when I install, in case I decide to change it after testing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Between H1 and H2, I don’t think it matters that much once the port is choked down. The same port size will likely run both. I would personally choose H1; you can always go up or down from there. Many here advocate for the H2. Either are fine, IMO. I smear a tiny bit of Griffin Horse Jipe high temp anti-seize on the tube and gas block when I install, in case I decide to change it after testing.
    H2 was the standard buffer either issued with or recommended for the Mk18, depending on which version and who issued it, and how. They then went up to H3 as the ports eroded to keep the bolts from running too fast. Not sure how they landed on it, but the H2 was considered ideal for a fresh one.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Not at this time.

The EZTUNE gas tubes work so well, there's not much need for a gas block solution.

Quote Originally Posted by twm134 View Post
    Are you planning on offering the micro-tune gas blocks any time soon?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345