Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the consensus on gas tubes that restrict flow?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I was in the same boat with a 10.5 and an 11.5 and the gas tubes work great. I also have a few older guns with blow holes and they make them enjoyable to shoot suppressed. From a reliability no fuss standpoint I would much rather have a restricted gas tube vs an adjustable gas block.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I have a Mk18 that's pretty gassy suppressed. I don't want to put an adjustable on it, and want to change out the carrier even less. I've heard of some gas tubes that have a smaller hole, but I'm not sure where to find them or if they're a good idea or not.
    Brt tubes. I have one, and recommend them.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    They're the best solution to industry incompetence in gas port specifications. There's no downside to them except you have to buy them.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I was in the same boat with a 10.5 and an 11.5 and the gas tubes work great. I also have a few older guns with blow holes and they make them enjoyable to shoot suppressed. From a reliability no fuss standpoint I would much rather have a restricted gas tube vs an adjustable gas block.
    In my humble opinion, adjustable gas blocks have no place on anything but race guns. I would like to see the next gen AR (M4A2???) have a multi position block that was tuned for the barrel length and ammo and a given silencer. Could also have a cold weather/adverse setting.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    In my humble opinion, adjustable gas blocks have no place on anything but race guns.
    I don't know. The only problem I saw with an adjustable was one that I got lazy and didn't dimple.... it moved. With an adjustable, I've only set it once and never moved it again... so the gas tube is way easier to get the same result.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I have an older Noveske that was way overgassed. I talked with Clint at BRT and opted for one of his unsuppressed tubes. Easy installation and immediately noticed the effects. Always locked back and maintained full function every time. Well worth it.

Now, I'm looking at getting another set of tubes now that I have suppressors. Only trying to decide if I want to go 100% suppressed or go 50/50.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Troutrunner View Post
    I have an older Noveske that was way overgassed. I talked with Clint at BRT and opted for one of his unsuppressed tubes. Easy installation and immediately noticed the effects. Always locked back and maintained full function every time. Well worth it.

Now, I'm looking at getting another set of tubes now that I have suppressors. Only trying to decide if I want to go 100% suppressed or go 50/50.
    100%. It didn't take me long to decide I wasn't going to shoot any of my suppressed ARs without a suppressor.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    100%. It didn't take me long to decide I wasn't going to shoot any of my suppressed ARs without a suppressor.
    That's the input I was looking for. 100% suppressed it is.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Agreed. I can't speak to everyone's needs and uses, but I think the "need" for the same upper to run suppressed and unsuppressed is overblown.

The BRT tubes are excellent.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's nice if the gun will at least run without the can, even if it won't lock back reliably. I hate running a can on my ARs, so I'm backwards... I like the gun to run sweet unsuppressed, and not too terrible if a suppressor is added.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast