Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the consensus on gas tubes that restrict flow?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Agreed. I can't speak to everyone's needs and uses, but I think the "need" for the same upper to run suppressed and unsuppressed is overblown.

The BRT tubes are excellent.
    In an ideal world, all guns would have integral cans. But with transfer tax and times being what they are for factory NFA items, people like to have one can and switch it back and forth between all their guns. Which keeps most manufacturers from really exploring all the integral options that exist.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The majority of our EZTUNE customers select the 50/50 suppressed tune.

It allows the most flexibility and runs great, but isn't quite as smooth as a dedicated suppressed tune.

It's similar to pickup truck vs sports car.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It's nice if the gun will at least run without the can, even if it won't lock back reliably. I hate running a can on my ARs, so I'm backwards... I like the gun to run sweet unsuppressed, and not too terrible if a suppressor is added.
    For me, it's about convenience. It's more convenient to leave the suppressor on the AR and it's more convenient to shoot shorties with a suppressor than without.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    For me, it's about convenience. It's more convenient to leave the suppressor on the AR and it's more convenient to shoot shorties with a suppressor than without.
    If you direct thread, there are also lots of benefits in weight savings and even performance. I just built a 10oz 5.5" x 1.5" with six baffles that outperforms larger factory cans that are longer. My SOT shot it before returning it to me, and he was so impressed he's building one just like it to replace his AAC.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Very cool.

Can you provide some more details / pictures on baffle design, clips and porting? (perhaps in a dedicated thread)

MINI type cans (<12oz) are very handy, with the general downside of being a little (or a lot) louder than full size versions.

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I just built a 10oz 5.5" x 1.5" with six baffles that outperforms larger factory cans that are longer. My SOT shot it before returning it to me, and he was so impressed he's building one just like it to replace his AAC.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you direct thread, there are also lots of benefits in weight savings and even performance. I just built a 10oz 5.5" x 1.5" with six baffles that outperforms larger factory cans that are longer. My SOT shot it before returning it to me, and he was so impressed he's building one just like it to replace his AAC.
    My cans are direct thread to save on length and weight. I was going to say it also saves me the cost of QD mounts, but I realized it means I'm buying more suppressors.

I agree with Clint. Please start a thread about the details of the suppressor you built.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Very cool.

Can you provide some more details / pictures on baffle design, clips and porting? (perhaps in a dedicated thread)

MINI type cans (<12oz) are very handy, with the general downside of being a little (or a lot) louder than full size versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    My cans are direct thread to save on length and weight. I was going to say it also saves me the cost of QD mounts, but I realized it means I'm buying more suppressors.

I agree with Clint. Please start a thread about the details of the suppressor you built.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...06#post2982006

I've only put a few rounds through it so far, so much testing still to do.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    In an ideal world, all guns would have integral cans. But with transfer tax and times being what they are for factory NFA items, people like to have one can and switch it back and forth between all their guns. Which keeps most manufacturers from really exploring all the integral options that exist.
    You still can switch one can between multiple guns, even if they're gassed to run suppressed only. You can only shoot one gun at a time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    The majority of our EZTUNE customers select the 50/50 suppressed tune.

It allows the most flexibility and runs great, but isn't quite as smooth as a dedicated suppressed tune.

It's similar to pickup truck vs sports car.
    I purchased both the 50/50 and the Carbine Suppressed gas tubes from Weapon Outfitters. Initially I installed the 50/50 Suppressed tube on my MK18 with the .07" gas port. I didn't feel like it was enough of a difference to keep it on the MK18, so I put the Carbine Suppressed gas tube in it and moved the 50/50 to an overgassed 11.5" BCM. It was perfect in the BCM.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes, they work and BRT is easy to work with in my experience.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    You still can switch one can between multiple guns, even if they're gassed to run suppressed only. You can only shoot one gun at a time anyway.

I purchased both the 50/50 and the Carbine Suppressed gas tubes from Weapon Outfitters. Initially I installed the 50/50 Suppressed tube on my MK18 with the .07" gas port. I didn't feel like it was enough of a difference to keep it on the MK18, so I put the Carbine Suppressed gas tube in it and moved the 50/50 to an overgassed 11.5" BCM. It was perfect in the BCM.
    An integral can can't be switched between guns.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast