Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: best Pistol mags for battle belt

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Solid feedback, thanks guys

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'm using G-Code Softshell, no complaints.
    My first look at the G-Code gear, but it looks like nice kit. What adapter did you use?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I also have and would recommend the tacos. They are not perfect but they are very functional. I find them to be super secure, easy to draw but not the easiest to reinsert. Not a deal breaker but I don't really know how I would fix it. I have tried quite a few different pistol pouches and equally hated them all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    My first look at the G-Code gear, but it looks like nice kit. What adapter did you use?

PB
    I have never seen those. I hate to say it but they look like a knockoff or copy of the tacos. I don't want to bash g code because the incog is my absolute favorite holster for ccw.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Im not sure about class suitability, but I agree. They also are well suited to a knife or light. The only downside is re-inserting a mag one handed (which I don't lose sleep over).

Andy
    You mean class suitability, as in providing adequate retention during movement?

I have definitely proven for myself they in fact do....done all kinds of IMTing, running and gunning, all kinds of drills, environments, etc. etc. For Glock mags, at least, they're 100%. Never had one come out yet.

If you mean administratively, yes, when doing various static drills, reinserting is not as fast and easy as with some...I can say that with repetitive practice, it gets easier.

I have a habit of using an index finger along the mag to open the pouch up as I reinsert. Works well enough.

Feedback Score
    I don't know. I was gifted a free membership from a friend of a friend. So, they didn't get any of my corn.

PB
    Yes, but you would still be wasting time, ammo, and gas.

As for pouches, I also use KYWIs for dedicated pistol pouches. I have also used the First-Spear MultiMags with pistol inserts to supplement my KYWI when running a dedicated pistol setup for gaming (as the MultiMags typically carry rifle mags).
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

PB
    I'm using one of their belts so I'm using their R-2 and P-2 Operator Belt Mounts.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 10-05-21 at 02:16.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    You mean class suitability, as in providing adequate retention during movement?

I have definitely proven for myself they in fact do....done all kinds of IMTing, running and gunning, all kinds of drills, environments, etc. etc. For Glock mags, at least, they're 100%. Never had one come out yet.

If you mean administratively, yes, when doing various static drills, reinserting is not as fast and easy as with some...I can say that with repetitive practice, it gets easier.

I have a habit of using an index finger along the mag to open the pouch up as I reinsert. Works well enough.
    It may have been clearer to say that I cannot speak to using them in class (I literally "don't know").

Andy

Feedback Score
    Im a huge fan of the ready tactical mag pouches.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The low buck solution is an Uncle Mikes kydex carrier https://unclemikes.com/kydex-mag-cases/

I used the belt-mount double glock mag carriers for years shooting ISPC (slowly) without issue. They are a bit bulky and much noisier than soft pouches, also cheap and handy to keep around as loaners.

It sounds like you ordered some HSGI tacos. I know I like the rifle tacos I have.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-08-21 at 18:53.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123