Thread: Problem with Ultratech Microtech OTF Knife

Feedback Score

Problem with Ultratech Microtech OTF Knife

I have a ultratec microtech out the front knife that worked when I first had it. It’s pretty much just sat in a drawer for two years but it has problems as deploying now.

And suggestions? The funky bolt head they use for their screws preclude you from easily getting into it.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I have three of them. The little tool on the left is dirt cheap on Amazon. You can take it apart and clean / lube it up. Or you can just spray WD40 in it and it’ll like start working fine.

Feedback Score
    If it is anything like my Infidel, I've found oils when left too long, seem to get...gummy for lack of better term..I blow mine out with carb/brake cleaner...rinse it out with hot water, hit it with a hair dryer to evaporate the water...then I use powdered graphite for lube in lieu of oils...it has solved the deployment issue for better than a decade now.
    E.t.a I do all the above with the knife assembled.

Feedback Score
    WD 40 doesn’t leave a lib in place, right? I just wanted to make sure that the materials in the handles and such would stand up to WD40 and brake cleaner.

I ordered the tool. I don’t do amazon, but I have my wife fully trained to order with her Prime what ever I send to her. She has learned to stop asking what the things are or what they are are for…

I like the dry lube idea. I carry my Infidel since CO allowed switch blades. I prefer it because it is more ambidextrous with the button on the spine. I don’t like the cost or some of Benchmarks comments about firearms. I have an AKC EVO that is similar, but it has some odd angles on it, but a lot more doable at $100.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    WD40 will leave a residue. Not good. Graphite migrates, is messy.
    Nano oil is popular on the knife boards.
    https://www.amazon.com/Nano-Oil-10-W...s%2C201&sr=8-7
    Chris Reeves ships this with his knives:
    https://chrisreeve.com/collections/c...rinated-grease
    I've also used Slip 2000 gun lube cause it was handy. Also wipe it off the blade. I keep the blade sanitary, I use mine to cut fruit and such. Would rather not ingest any kind of lube.