Thread: Shims for suppressor

Feedback Score

Shims for suppressor

Got my muzzle device on for my mcx and the shims are a little messed up. I dont care what it looks like cause this is an sd set up with a suppressor but can those shims cause issues? Its torqued well and secured with rocksett.
    kTnaUa.jpgehJ0Iv.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MrLegalAce777; 10-02-21 at 14:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why are you using shims at all? The muzzle device doesn't need to be timed inside the suppressor.

If you insist on using shims, the safe thing to do would be to use an alignment rod with the suppressor attached to make sure you're not going to get a baffle strike.

Feedback Score
    I was told to use shims for the muzzle device since the suppressor is a qd suppressor. Even though the suppressor is dedicated to this rifle. I checked it with a rod and it appears to look good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLegalAce777 View Post
    I was told to use shims for the muzzle device since the suppressor is a qd suppressor. Even though the suppressor is dedicated to this rifle. I checked it with a rod and it appears to look good.
    What kind of shims are those. Precision Armament or Primary Weapons?

Feedback Score
    PWS shim kit

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm guessing here, but I tend to think you're good to go as long as everything is torqued, Rockset, and the alignment is good. I very much doubt you'll have a problem, but to be on the safe side, I would shoot it and then check alignment and tightness a few more times.