Thread: Ghost Bullet Forward Slide Release

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Ghost Bullet Forward Slide Release

I am left handed and I want to improve my reload speed on a third generation Glock. I need a slide release that is further toward the muzzle for it to be under the middle joint of my index finger without regripping. The Ghost Bullet Forward Slide Release is the only one I have found. Will installing this part degrade function or reliability in any way?

Feedback Score
    It could depending on how you grip your gun. With two thumbs forward and extend releases a thumb can easily engage your slide stop in the middle of your firing string. As they advertise this as large I would see this as a higher possibility. A smaller ie g34 extension may do what is needed without being as obtrusive. Also you can train on your reloads differently and just slingshot the slide rather than using the slide stop. This would be more of a gross motor skill than what is advertised in the product.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What Prairiedog says, train using the slingshot method as fumbling with a small lever under stress is difficult. Also, Glock calls the lever a "slide stop" not "slide release" for a reason.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Since he's left handed and the Gen 3 isn't ambidextrous I don't see how a thumbs forward grip is going to induce a malfunction.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't train a two hand grip using the "weak" hand as primary; do others? For single right hand shooting the position of this lever would be farther from the thumb.

Over the top is an option but since there are experienced trainers who recommend the slide release I would like to develop it as another option.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I don't see any way a lefty could possibly activate this with his or her thumbs...

Glock's manual recommends the overhand grip, not slingshot.

As far as the 'slide stop' vs 'slide release' argument - Glock includes extended stops on their competition oriented guns so it's hardly something the factory considers a no-no.

OP, unlikely you'd possibly degrade function or reliability unless you managed to install it wrong (spring stays under the smaller pin). If it helps you out, go for it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    I don't see any way a lefty could possibly activate this with his or her thumbs...

Glock's manual recommends the overhand grip, not slingshot.

As far as the 'slide stop' vs 'slide release' argument - Glock includes extended stops on their competition oriented guns so it's hardly something the factory considers a no-no.

OP, unlikely you'd possibly degrade function or reliability unless you managed to install it wrong (spring stays under the smaller pin). If it helps you out, go for it.

This is correct, I meant the overhand release as I have never used or was trained to slingshot.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Also, Glock calls the lever a "slide stop" not "slide release" for a reason.
    The whole “it’s a slide stop, not a release” thing isn’t really a thing. The slide and associated components undergo as much or more force and stress when cycling when the pistol is fired. As one gunsmith told me, there’s a little explosion happening when you fire the gun, so you letting the slide go won’t hurt anything.