@MistWolf @Clint

Here's a sketch of the internals. Pretty self explanatory.

All but the first baffle single clipped. At 5.5" it's not exactly a K can, but it's still shorter than average, and lighter.

So far I've only tried it on my Mk18 upper. I need to remove my 6920's flash hider so I can try it on the 16 inch, which is what my SOT tested it with.

I took a few shots sans ear pro, and it wasn't exactly pleasant, but also not painful either. But the port pop alone on a 10.3 is way past hearing safe anyways. My SOT went sans ear pro with his 16 inch upper, and he indicated it was hearing safe based on comparing it to a factory can that is a known quantity. Part of that could of course be the tone, so I wouldn't want to do that very often without good sound metering equipment to back it up.

On my Mk18, I might compare it to maybe shooting a 9mm pistol in terms of discomfort. Part of what makes me think I'm mostly hearing port pop is that I tried it with and without the distal cone (using a longer spacer in the blast chamber), and there was no notable difference, which you would expect there to be. I think once I do the same side by side comparison in both configurations on my 16" upper it's going to become apparent that there's a difference. If not I will just lose the distal cone and let the gasses from the coaxial chamber go straight into the distal space. My endcap of choice has some nice stepping, so that should help.

I also need to get out the nods and see what difference it makes for flash. Word on the street is that coaxials somehow reduce flash via some mechanism I've yet to grasp. Would be very cool if there was a notable reduction.

I can also move that unported cone anywhere in the stack, so I might try different positions and see what effect it has on backpressure.