Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 12.5 range

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It offers the most consistent opportunity for expansion and fragmentation. I’m already poking a very small hole in someone, I’d like to make it as messy as possible.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    It offers the most consistent opportunity for expansion and fragmentation. I’m already poking a very small hole in someone, I’d like to make it as messy as possible.
    Why not an expanding projectile then? E.g. TBBC, fusion, GD, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tk390 View Post
    The question was not so much the concept of taking a shot at 200 yards, it was more for the knowledge of adequate performance at distance. Any ballistic test I have seen are at close range. I have see video of Jerry Miculek use a 9mm and hit target at 1000 yards. Neither answer what the effective range of the 9mm round. I know that with proper shot placement the effectiveness of the round is extended.
    For the record I have covers an officers moment across a plowed cornfield from about 125 yards. would the TRU round been as effective at that distance as our CQB distances? My bet is no, but I also don’t have that data either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the other hand, the TRU at 125 yards ‘might’ have slowed enough so that the expansion is more controlled, as opposed to a violent expansion like the varmint bullet it really is, and you might get higher retained weight and better penetration.

I’ve never chrono’d the TRU, and haven’t even used since I took over the armory at my department and relegated it to training to get rid of it. We do the LE223T3 now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Heavy clothing gel test with 55 grain fmj/ 193, look decent as far as penetration & expansion.
    I like to run what I train with. I do like 262 performance. But run 55 mostly.
    Last edited by JoeBobJoe; 10-05-21 at 18:57. Reason: none

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBobJoe View Post
    Heavy clothing gel test with 55 grain fmj/ 193, look decent as far as penetration & expansion.
    Dude, the military doesn’t even use that anymore. It doesn’t expand. It fragments. I don’t know what kind of backyard bubba ballistics you’re referring to but they don’t jive with any testing.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Dude, the military doesn’t even use that anymore. It doesn’t expand. It fragments. I don’t know what kind of backyard bubba ballistics you’re referring to but they don’t jive with any testing.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

thanks for the love

Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    So if the military uses it you think it's good. You use green tip, come on brother. I use what I train with how does that hurt you sensitivity. Shot placement is what counts. I only offered my opinion, I didn't tell anyone to do as I do. You sure you ain't a Democrat, you sure like telling people what they should do. BTW, a gel block test is not a written test, In case you didn't know.
    Your welcome.
    P.S. Before you say the m855a1 is the new best round. It's not.
    Last edited by JoeBobJoe; 10-05-21 at 21:25. Reason: typo
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You butt hurt cause I use 55 gr fmj or cause I said expansion instead of "fragment" , I guess if I said wound channel, you'd really be upset case it's not a real wound. I think for SD use 55 fmj is ok. Sorry that you didn't agree, but that be what bubba got so bubba run it.
    I never mentioned the military. I was replying to the OP, & giving my opinion as to there are other options, & you don't need to spend $2 a round. Options, choice, freedom, what's not to love.
    Last edited by JoeBobJoe; 10-05-21 at 21:42.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You butt hurt cause I use 55 gr fmj or cause I said expansion instead of "fragment" , I guess if I said wound channel, you'd really be upset case it's not a real wound. I think for SD use 55 fmj is ok. Sorry that you didn't agree, but that be what bubba got so bubba run it.
    I never mentioned the military. I was replying to the OP, & giving my opinion as to there are other options, & you don't need to spend $2 a round. Options, choice, freedom, what's not to love.
    There’s a thread here about this place going down hill. This is the type of post that goes to that argument. People having a serious discussion and someone wades in with “55gr works for me”.

I am not butthurt about your choice of words. It just shows that you don’t what your talking about. Yes. Shot placement is king. You won’t find a bigger support of that than me. But if the bullet doesn’t do what you need it to do when you place it where you need to place it, what good is it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was just giving my honest opinion, I think too many shooters especially new ones get cought up in best defensive round. I am of the thought if you know it's reliable in you gun & you shoot it well your on the right track. A advantage of a rifle over a pistol is that it's not as reliant on bullet choice. Are there better bullets sure, I was just laying that out there.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast