Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Bring a Hi-Lux home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

How to Bring a Hi-Lux home.

https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2021...uvenir-n451105
    Unfortunately, everything isn’t quite as it may seem. During the last hours of the evacuation, according to troops under his command and as documented by photographs and witness statements, Donahue ordered all of the passengers aboard a C-17 transport plane to disembark so he could have a souvenir loaded onto the plane. That souvenir, or “war trophy,” was an inoperable Taliban-owned Toyota Hilux with a fully operational Russian ZU-23 anti-aircraft autocannon mounted in the bed. Once the Hilux was loaded passengers were allowed back on the plane, but, of course, there wasn’t room for all of them. According to troops on the scene, at least 50 people and perhaps as many as 100 people were left at Kabul to make room for the Hilux.

Holy Smokes.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    These scum; Milley and crew, should be in Guantanamo now.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    These scum; Milley and crew, should be in Guantanamo now.
    Everyone from the Secretary of Defense, Milley and everyone involved in the entire Afghan fiasco needs to be fired. That this guy would push people off of the last chance for freedom Flight in order to bring a broke assed Hi-Lux home is a prime example of everything wrong with our Military.
    But..
    We're in "Crazy World" where "Essential Hospital Workers" go 18 months without a vaccine are being fired for not being vaccinated.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I had a heated debate with a guy after I read an article about this in The American Thinker. He thinks Donohue walks on water, "best fighting general of our era," etc. He thinks these are 'baseless claims.'

As for the Hilux, put me down for two.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just when you thought the Afghanistan retreat couldn’t possibly have been any more disgraceful…

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Has it occurred to anyone that we left the gear behind as part of the negotiations with the Taliban?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I can save you a trip.......

There is a Toyota Dealer in Innova Reynosa, Mexico. It is just over the border from McAllen, TX. They have them in stock there.

https://toyota-innova.mx/

Here is the Hilux page:
    https://toyota-innova.mx/hilux/?fuente=organico
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I can save you a trip.......

There is a Toyota Dealer in Innova Reynosa, Mexico. It is just over the border from McAllen, TX. They have them in stock there.

https://toyota-innova.mx/

Here is the Hilux page:
    https://toyota-innova.mx/hilux/?fuente=organico
    Yeah but it has to be 25 years or older to be able to be registered for road use right? I’ve looked into this a bit back when I wanted to import a Defender 110. The Brits had surplussed a lot of them a few years ago and they were cheap as crap.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Unfortunately, it is against the law to import any car into the US under 25 years old. Thank Mercedes USA for that dipsh*t law. There are rare exceptions for one offs and the like.

If they find out, they will seize it and watch you cry as they crush it.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 10-05-21 at 14:15.

Feedback Score
    Not quite true, vehicles are imported from other countries like Canada all the time. The trick is knowing the state and federal regulations regarding this. All that being said from my brief research a Hilux will not likely be able to be imported on a permanent basis.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast