Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Workplace Covid Mandate

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I'd just like to know why the people with no skin in the game get to decide for everyone? If you think everyone should get the shots so damned bad, why not PAY them to do it? I'm sure a lot of those people reluctant to take the shots would change their mind pdq, if there were some real money on the other side waiting for them.

Let's start the bidding at $1,000 per shot and see what that gets them?
    some cities are paying people to get the shot. portland and seattle, and probably others. it isnt $1000, i think the zombie that informed me of this said he gets $160, and has gotten the shot multiple times.

take from all that what you will...
    why so serious?

Feedback Score
    I'd just like to know why the people with no skin in the game get to decide for everyone? If you think everyone should get the shots so damned bad, why not PAY them to do it? I'm sure a lot of those people reluctant to take the shots would change their mind pdq, if there were some real money on the other side waiting for them.

some cities are paying people to get the shot. portland and seattle, and probably others. it isnt $1000, i think the zombie that informed me of this said he gets $160, and has gotten the shot multiple times.

why so serious?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They can start the money with the pharmaceutical companies are libel for damages from the shots.
    The fact that they aren't tells me enough.

Feedback Score
    what is it with the "doubletaps" on this board? i noticed the comment post was struggling, but RATHER than click "post" again, i just set my phone down and walked away - but it posted twice anyway, all on its own

thats obnoxious.
    why so serious?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
    On the LE (and public safety front in general) I personally think this part has been planned since the beginning.

Public safety is one of if not the last segments of the public sector to more or less be filled by conservatives and a corresponding ideology.

Purge those free and independent thinkers from the ranks and you can replace them with the university educated and indoctrinated drones who will think nothing of the oath if they even administer one at that point.
    How many of those LE would go rounding people up if LE got an exemption?

I know not every cop went out and hassled church goers, people swimming, people in parks, and what ever else that has happened in the last year and a half, but way too many did.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman William View Post

He specified skin in the game and tax payers being forced to foot the bill definitely does not equal skin of the people issuing demands.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Oh it's happening. People being paid, getting free stuff, getting time off, and even in some cities having criminal records expunged.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post

I know not every cop went out and hassled church goers, people swimming, people in parks, and what ever else that has happened in the last year and a half, but way too many did.
    In the grand scheme of things… very few did. That said, that is few too many. It seemed more prevalent than it actually was due to social media.

Me personally, I’ve left people the hell alone since this all started. Tag out of date a year and a half? Who cares. We got bigger issues as a country.

As for the vaccine, it’s simply my line in the sand. I’m compensated excessively well by the community I work in. To lose that salary for my family would be devastating as it’d be a 50% or more pay cut to go to a different agency. That said… slippery slopes. If I cave for the vaccine for that pay and stability, what will I cave on next, or after that. I’m simply not jumping on that train. Hopefully it never comes down to it but praying for the best and preparing for the worst.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
    In the grand scheme of things… very few did. That said, that is few too many. It seemed more prevalent than it actually was due to social media.

Me personally, I’ve left people the hell alone since this all started. Tag out of date a year and a half? Who cares. We got bigger issues as a country.

As for the vaccine, it’s simply my line in the sand. I’m compensated excessively well by the community I work in. To lose that salary for my family would be devastating as it’d be a 50% or more pay cut to go to a different agency. That said… slippery slopes. If I cave for the vaccine for that pay and stability, what will I cave on next, or after that. I’m simply not jumping on that train. Hopefully it never comes down to it but praying for the best and preparing for the worst.
    Have you seen what's going on in Australia?

Feedback Score
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast